Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you hate, but everyone loves
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves
Oh lawdy I can't believe this thread fell under my radar for so long, here we go.
1. Mass Effect. The entire trilogy is just a muddled mixture of awkward ducking behind cover with some admittedly cool RPG elements mixed in. Which brings me to my main gripe: WHY ISN'T IT JUST A RPG? Come on, a Fallout-combat style space epic would've been sweet, and the dialog and choices are great, plus the ability to carry over characters between games and have their previous choices impact the story, this could've been a God of a trilogy, if the combat wasn't so fucking awkward.
2. Diablo 3, although I am aware that a lot of other people hate this one too.
AMAZING COMBAT, DEEP LOOT SYSTEM, PVP ARENA, ADDICTING GAMEPLAY
Point. Click. Carpal Tunnel. That's it. All you do, point, click. It's like Monkey island 2 without the humor or entertainment.
They removed all of the weapon stats from D2 that were... you know... fun and gave you 3 skills that matter. Oh, what's that? You want to customize your stats like every RPG has let you since the late 80's? Nah, just put half into Vitality and half into Intellegence and you'll probably be fine.
PvP? Oh yeah, forgot about that, just give it a year or so and I'm sure it'll be fine.
What? People can pay real money to get uber gear instead of playing the game for it? Oh... well It'll still be ok... right?
Addicting Gameplay?
Point and click.
That's it....

A note about Diablo 2, I loved that game, the atmoshpere was still light and immersive enough that it worked really well, and the upgrades to the loot were tangible, meaning that if you got a badass sword, it actuall yfelt pretty badass. D3 just made you wait until you leveled up so you could go to the auction house to buy crap with barely noticeable stat boosts from whatever you bought the previous level.
This is like the Ninendo Wii compared to the SNES, yeah the Wii is a bit prettier (not by much), but the SNES was just so much more fun at the time and still today, in my opinion. *cough*

Oh, and a fun fact, I have found 3 videogames on the street in my life, two of them have been COD games. I found a PC disc of Black Ops and the Wii version of MW3....
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 06:03 AM by Arjahn.)
11-02-2012 06:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-23-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - CFMM - 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - CFMM - 07-25-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Arjahn - 11-02-2012 06:00 AM