Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you hate, but everyone loves
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves
I have a dislike for the Assassin's Creed Series.

Oh god, it was the same thing for 6 years running now, go here, do this, kill him, do this, go here, do this so that this can be this, and then chapter finished. I've played all 4, completing Revelations now, but still they're just so bland, boring, repetitive and do not get interesting until you're nearly finished the game.

Red Dead Redemption.

Now, you see, I liked this game, but I didn't think it was the most amazing game ever, with great feels of the atmosphere, and characters, and such, but my biggest problem was the things in the game itself.

Let me take on example.

I get into a new town, and suddenly, these bandits are dragging a poor man by a rope attached to his horse. Now 4 bandits go by, I turn around and start shooting the people on the horse. Suddenly "500 bounty" is added and the police start shooting at me.

I apparently shot 2 police officers chasing 2 bandits who were dragging that man around. NO ONE told me this, there was NOTHING showing they were officers and it was done VERY badly.

Another thing was a story mission in which a character was getting hanged, and you had to get over there and stop her from being hanged. So, I killed everyone, ran to her, and the game told me to shoot the rope, which I did, okay so we've learned that we have to shoot rope to stop a hanging.

Fast forward a bit, and a person comes to me. "Hey mister, my friend is getting hanged, please help" I follow this man, and see his friend getting hanged. I get off the horse and shoot the rope.

Nothing happens.

I do it again and again and he then dies, I look up about this, since it's a random occurrence for people to ask for help, and it turns out that you have to go up to the rope, and cut it down with a knife, which again, NO ONE told me.

The game was great, but a lot of things made me hate it. You couldn't even swim for fuck sake.
07-24-2012 03:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-23-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - retrolinkx - 07-24-2012 03:00 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - CFMM - 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - CFMM - 07-25-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Games you hate, but everyone loves - Beardy - 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM