Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you love but everyone hates.
Sirion Offline
irion-irion-irion

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)
RE: Games you love but everyone hates.
Dragon Age and Mass Effect series. Some friends of mine simply hate the games. I guess their minds are stuck with the traditional japanese RPGs model and can't understand the inovative design choices BioWare made.

One of them simply implies that Mass Effect has a huge plot hole that breaks everything in the whole trilogy (he says ME1 suggests that Protheans were completely wiped out from existence and then came back in ME3), and won't listen even if I use the best arguments to explain how wrong he is. He's only played part of Mass Effect 2.

Also, they criticise heavily the more action heavy TPS-like Mass Effect gameplay, and make jokes just because I said I'd rather that than modern RPGs that still use numbers, icons and text in battles, resort that developers used as a metaphors to make up for hardware limitations that don't exist anymore.

Why fill the screen with numbers in red to show your character took damage when you can simply make than react to it realistically, like making him groan and bleed, which is far more instinctive signals that something bad is happening?
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012 03:40 PM by Sirion.)
07-21-2012 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games you love but everyone hates. - Beardy - 07-22-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: Games you love but everyone hates. - Sirion - 07-21-2012 03:28 PM