Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Am I the only one who thinks there will be another Gaming Crash?
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
RE: Am I the only one who thinks there will be another Gaming Crash?
(07-01-2012 09:54 AM)Jayboeman Wrote:  However, I believe - and many will likely disagree - that Nintendo is going the same direction Sega went. As much as I love Nintendo, in 10 years time they'll be solely a games developer, if that.

I certainly don't understand the reasoning in releasing a 3DS XL. It is not going to save the failing console. I know it's still the most dominant handheld, I'm just comparing it with previous DS sales. I like the 3DS, I own one. I do feel though they should focus on releasing quality and original games for it, instead of ports, expected continuations and revised consoles.

Well, this year was the first year Nintendo made a loss, they are worth quite a lot of money, and I heard from a lot of sources, that if they never made any money for 5 years, they still wouldn't go bankrupt, which is pretty damn good, I doubt they'd turn out like Sega.

The 3DS is doing much better than the Vita to call it "failing", and comparing it to the original DS is also something stupid, since the DS has been out for 8 years, compared to the 3DS's one half. (Unless you're comparing the DS first year sales)

But I do agree with the 3DSXL, I understand they wanted a bigger screen and all, but it's a bit stupid to do it, make it cost more than a regular 3DS, and not add a second stick, even though they're making a 3DSXL circle pad pro.

Also, the 3DS is getting a lot of ports, and such, but you can never guess with Nintendo, they brought out Kid Icarus on it as a surprise, you never know if an F-Zero might pop up on the system.

Fire Emblem is also a nice touch.

(07-01-2012 09:11 AM)Fearless Wrote:  I do feel a CONSOLE crash coming up.

Well, if a console crash occurs, that would affect a lot of PC games too, since most are made for console and ported from a console to a PC, and since many devs don't like to make games for PC because of all the pirating, they might not make it when they would need to money. A console crash can make a PC crash occur to. (Although unlikely, it might just mean the PC has less games, so people play games made prior)
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 10:16 AM by retrolinkx.)
07-01-2012 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the only one who thinks there will be another Gaming Crash? - retrolinkx - 07-01-2012 10:14 AM