• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Free Thread *gaming related*
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: The Free Thread *gaming related*
(03-13-2013 10:05 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 10:00 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 09:59 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  More fuel for the fire !

As unfair as it sounds, it's safe to say that SimCity is pretty much dEAd. Joke intended but pretty sad.
R.I.P Maxis

I really want to play Sim City, it looks like so much fun Sad
How did a part of gaming get to this ?

Because publishers consider you guilty until proven innocent or they want to milk you for all your money.
Dead Space 3 (last month) was filled with DLC. I've seen forum posts and comments from people saying "I'm not buying Dead Space 3 because of the forced co-op we didn't want (true), the online pass(which is required to get the full experience), the micro-transactions(Which caused a huge back lash), the disk locked content or the day-1 DLC" etc.

Visceral Games lost a lot of potential sales there and who published that game? EA
And who suffers? Us, the people who legitimately buy games while those EA are trying to stop (Pirates) have nothing to worry about. You can mod the ISO easily to get all the disk locked content you want, manually install title updates and no need to worry about an online pass since you can go online anyway.

Whats even sad about SimCity is that you may as well pirate the game, since legitimate paying customers aren't allowed online just like thoses who illegally downloaded it. But if you do get online in SimCity, a lot of the features have been taken off to suit the server issue. It's all EA.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 10:17 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
03-13-2013 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-13-2013 10:12 AM
Games for windows live sucks - Skarro - 11-24-2012, 03:55 AM
RE: Games for windows live sucks - Skarro - 11-24-2012, 08:51 AM