Did You Know Gaming? Forums
The Free Thread *gaming related* - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *gaming related* (/thread-1798.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Free Thread *gaming related* - A Zombie Riot - 11-07-2012 06:25 PM

So, this is just like the The Free Thread thread in General Discussion. But this is only related to video games.

------------------

So... Doom 3 is just terrible. I played it for about 3 hours today and I honestly think I can't continue to play it. Which is sad, because I really REALLY enjoyed Doom and Doom II.

------------------

Also, I might be getting Halo 4 this weekend.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Xannidel - 11-07-2012 10:05 PM

Is that the original Doom 3 or is it Doom 3 BFG edition?

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Ouberry_13 - 11-07-2012 11:11 PM

Finally, a thread for me to just bitch about games without being told it's off topic.

So yea, Lollipop Chainsaw was such an embarrassing game by Suda51. It didn't even feel like a Suda game, but rather it felt like an amateur's idea of what a Suda game is, and failing at it.

Also, where the fuck is Last Guardian, Team Ico? We've been waiting quite a while for this one to show up. At least give us some new trailers or something....

Also, fuck you Team Ninja. I've seen what you've done to the DMC series and storyline. Fuck you, and fuck Capcom for allowing you, and not Kamiya, to head the development. My god, it's like you guys just don't care about the series. Ok, look, for anyone who might bitch at me for this, allow me to explain myself. This new Dante wears black, has black hair, smokes, curses, doesn't have Rebellion, doesn't remember his mother, apparently doesn't have a brother (it seems in this game Vergil is just a random friendly NPC, which is also wrong), and he acts nothing like the Dante we grew to love. Not only that, but the story in this one is completely out of nowhere, the demons control the world through the media (real fucking cute, by the way, Team Ninja, way to 'stick it to the man'). It's just so wrong. Team Ninja got everything about the series wrong.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - BumblebeeCody - 11-08-2012 12:54 AM

@A Zombie Riot
Doom 3 was lacking in certain areas but I still felt motivation to keep playing. (Still yet to buy the BFG edition).

@Ouberry_13
Lollipop Chainsaw was awesome D:

Last Guardian information was posted yesterday here

You're the same type of YouTube commenter I've found who "cares" about DmC yet has no idea what they are talking about. Rather than looking at the game itself, you complain about Dante not having white hair. I'm also going to take a wild guess and say you're one of those who "love DmC but have NO idea how to play it and just mash XXXXYYY". Everyone I know within the Deep DmC community are looking forward to this game and those that have played it(Some of the tournament players) have said the gameplay is "almost" on par with Dante in DMC4 (with stances and combos). The point of DmC (and Bayonetta) is that it's supposed to be an adventure/fighting game. You don't bitch about story and graphic design but talk about how in-depth the games mechanics are.
It's the same as complaining about the story of Street Fighter 4 but who cares about the story, it's the gameplay that's important.

DmC needed a series reboot as the series ended fine after DMC4. Look at games like Tomb Raider which have taken a more Uncharted root. The story of DmC hasn't been "spoiled" yet so no-one knows what the deal behind Dantes new look is, along with the environments, settings, characters and relationships. You're ignorance and blind hate also seems to shine high when you refer to the company as "Team Ninja(Ninja Gaiden/DoA)" rather than "Ninja Theory(Heavenly Sword/Enslaved)". Also, I don't think you grasp the point of a "reboot". Look at films like Spiderman 1,2 and 3 to the new Amazing Spiderman. I guess Amazing Spiderman sucks because of his costume or that Aunt May doesn't have gray hair? It's a retelling of the story/new story and DmC is now in that phase.

Lastly, there is a demo for DmC later this month. Instead of already spouting BS and coming to a conclusion that it sucks (based on Dante having black hair....) maybe you should play it.
You should use more caps and swear more.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Symphony - 11-08-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:Also, fuck you Team Ninja. I've seen what you've done to the DMC series and storyline. Fuck you, and fuck Capcom for allowing you, and not Kamiya, to head the development. My god, it's like you guys just don't care about the series.
That's not the problem. Hideki Kamiya himself gave up the series after stating 'they had finished whatever they wanted to do with the story'. He wouldn't even make more games, so, in some way, it's GOOD that they gave it up.
And that explains why the 'new' Dante ain't the 'old' Dante. Simply because it's not the same series.

---------------------
My turn to ramble :3

Anyways, with me having to be at uni the entire day, I've found a half-decent browser game to play. Even though I hate browser games and specifically the ones that have a timed 'energy bar', allowing you to do a limited amount of stuff until it wears out and you'd have to wait or pay.
However, the energy bar replenishes itself in about 4hours, which pretty much allows me to progress when I'm on my breaks. I probably won't stick with the game for long, but it's still a decent way to pass the time.

I've also started playing RaiderZ (the new PW mmo) and to be honest, it isn't all that impressive. Yeah, the gameplay is fairly decent, the storyline is surprisingly interesting (for the first act, though. I still can't understand the heck is going on on the second act) and it runs well on low quality.
But still, killing mobs take a decent amount of time (I've only tried the knight class atm) and I still take a lot of damage for a tank. And seeing the game lacks a consistent, cheap way to recover your hp and the quests are now becoming the same 'go and kill x monsters'; I'm also probably not staying there much longer.

I'm still having a great time with Pokemon Online. The UU metagame is fantastic since it has very few OP stuff and it's NOT a freaking weather war. My team is fairly decent, but I've spent few months trying to build a good one, with some successes, but mostly disappointments.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - A Zombie Riot - 11-08-2012 04:00 AM

(11-07-2012 10:05 PM)Xannidel Wrote:  Is that the original Doom 3 or is it Doom 3 BFG edition?

Should've clarified. BFG edition. And I know it's worse than the original Doom 3.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Ouberry_13 - 11-08-2012 05:11 AM

(11-08-2012 12:54 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  @A Zombie Riot
Doom 3 was lacking in certain areas but I still felt motivation to keep playing. (Still yet to buy the BFG edition).

@Ouberry_13
Lollipop Chainsaw was awesome D:

Last Guardian information was posted yesterday here

You're the same type of YouTube commenter I've found who "cares" about DmC yet has no idea what they are talking about. Rather than looking at the game itself, you complain about Dante not having white hair. I'm also going to take a wild guess and say you're one of those who "love DmC but have NO idea how to play it and just mash XXXXYYY". Everyone I know within the Deep DmC community are looking forward to this game and those that have played it(Some of the tournament players) have said the gameplay is "almost" on par with Dante in DMC4 (with stances and combos). The point of DmC (and Bayonetta) is that it's supposed to be an adventure/fighting game. You don't bitch about story and graphic design but talk about how in-depth the games mechanics are.
It's the same as complaining about the story of Street Fighter 4 but who cares about the story, it's the gameplay that's important.

DmC needed a series reboot as the series ended fine after DMC4. Look at games like Tomb Raider which have taken a more Uncharted root. The story of DmC hasn't been "spoiled" yet so no-one knows what the deal behind Dantes new look is, along with the environments, settings, characters and relationships. You're ignorance and blind hate also seems to shine high when you refer to the company as "Team Ninja(Ninja Gaiden/DoA)" rather than "Ninja Theory(Heavenly Sword/Enslaved)". Also, I don't think you grasp the point of a "reboot". Look at films like Spiderman 1,2 and 3 to the new Amazing Spiderman. I guess Amazing Spiderman sucks because of his costume or that Aunt May doesn't have gray hair? It's a retelling of the story/new story and DmC is now in that phase.

Lastly, there is a demo for DmC later this month. Instead of already spouting BS and coming to a conclusion that it sucks (based on Dante having black hair....) maybe you should play it.
You should use more caps and swear more.

Ok, where do I begin? Let's see, first off, fuck you for thinking I don't care about DMC. It is one of my favorite Capcom franchises. And, if you paid attention, I mentioned Dante's new appearance first because it was the least important thing. It does bug me, but not as much as how different they made his character. His appearance looks bad compared to his old one, yes, but I don't care that much. It's his new personality that bothers me. Also, fuck you for thinking I'm a button mashing Youtube asshole. Again, this is a great series that I've loved since I first played it. And, just for more obscenities, fuck you for saying how the story doesn't matter. Yes, the mechanics are more important, but does that mean I'm not allowed to like the story? And for more swearing, fuck off with that "Team Ninja/Ninja Theory" shit. So I said the wrong company name. The names are similar enough to confuse, so I'm so fucking sorry I said the wrong name.

And yes, I am pissed now, mostly because of you trying to make it seem I don't like the game itself. I've seen gameplay, and the gameplay looks solid. Just because the gameplay looks good, does that mean I should just shut up about the radical change in character personalities?

Was that enough swearing for you, jackass?

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Berry - 11-08-2012 05:41 AM

I suck at First Person Shooting and im yet to ever beat one.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - A Zombie Riot - 11-08-2012 06:29 AM

So, THQ is dying. Stocks are worth 1.18 and the company is only worth 8 million. Yesterday, the company was worth 11 million.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Altair xD - 11-08-2012 06:41 AM

(11-08-2012 06:29 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:  So, THQ is dying. Stocks are worth 1.18 and the company is only worth 8 million. Yesterday, the company was worth 11 million.

That's sad.It was a very good company and produced A LOT of great games.I hope the future will be brighter for them.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - A Zombie Riot - 11-08-2012 06:56 AM

Indeed. It's just sad to see a company that made great games die off like that. Oh, and the company (THQ) is 100 million in debt, apparently.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - BumblebeeCody - 11-08-2012 07:23 AM

(11-08-2012 05:11 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  Ok, where do I begin? Let's see, first off, fuck you for thinking I don't care about DMC. It is one of my favorite Capcom franchises. And, if you paid attention, I mentioned Dante's new appearance first because it was the least important thing. It does bug me, but not as much as how different they made his character. His appearance looks bad compared to his old one, yes, but I don't care that much. It's his new personality that bothers me. Also, fuck you for thinking I'm a button mashing Youtube asshole. Again, this is a great series that I've loved since I first played it. And, just for more obscenities, fuck you for saying how the story doesn't matter. Yes, the mechanics are more important, but does that mean I'm not allowed to like the story? And for more swearing, fuck off with that "Team Ninja/Ninja Theory" shit. So I said the wrong company name. The names are similar enough to confuse, so I'm so fucking sorry I said the wrong name.

And yes, I am pissed now, mostly because of you trying to make it seem I don't like the game itself. I've seen gameplay, and the gameplay looks solid. Just because the gameplay looks good, does that mean I should just shut up about the radical change in character personalities?

Was that enough swearing for you, jackass?

Cool cool.
1) Explain how his new look is bad (including costume design)
2) I didn't call you a "YouTube asshole" but someone who's comment resembles those that I've read on YouTube. Again, I highly doubt you know how to play DmC other than mashing X and Y. Surely if you were educated on the series, you wouldn't have a problem with change, especially since you said the gameplay looks, "solid (by your standards)" so what's the problem? Then bringing me back to, you only care about graphic design. Care to tell me how you don't like the game/Capcom not caring for their franchise if you can say the gameplay looks solid? Hmmm?

(11-08-2012 05:11 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  I've seen gameplay, and the gameplay looks solid. Just because the gameplay looks good, does that mean I should just shut up about the radical change in character personalities?
3) Yes, you should.

(11-08-2012 05:11 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  And for more swearing, fuck off with that "Team Ninja/Ninja Theory" shit.
When you care so much about the series yet confuse the company names 3 times that's pretty big.

So then what does this paragraph mean?
(11-08-2012 05:11 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  This new Dante wears black, has black hair, smokes, curses, doesn't have Rebellion, doesn't remember his mother, apparently doesn't have a brother (it seems in this game Vergil is just a random friendly NPC, which is also wrong), and he acts nothing like the Dante we grew to love. Not only that, but the story in this one is completely out of nowhere, the demons control the world through the media (real fucking cute, by the way, Team Ninja, way to 'stick it to the man').

Also....it's, a reboot. Everything you said is what a reboot is.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Hexadecimal - 11-08-2012 08:03 AM

I really like the idea of this thread! Woot! I love hearing any random thing folks have to say about vidja games.

(11-08-2012 12:54 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Last Guardian information was posted yesterday here

Wow. This was actually going to be the only reason for me to buy a PS3, but I guess maybe that will change to a PS4? What's worse is that the longer this game takes to come out, no matter how good it ends up being, people are going to say they waited too long and it wasn't worth it.

As for some randomness on my part, I totally forgot to have some charged batteries around so my controller died playing Rayman Origins and I just had to let the game sit there while I charged them up enough to finish the level. Derp.

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Zaliphone - 11-08-2012 08:04 AM

I'm reconsidering getting a WiiU as soon as possible. With $350 being the price, and the only real game
I want so far is ZombiU...I'm just not too sure anymore.
Thoughts?

RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - Hexadecimal - 11-08-2012 08:06 AM

(11-08-2012 08:04 AM)Zaliphone Wrote:  I'm reconsidering getting a WiiU as soon as possible. With $350 being the price, and the only real game
I want so far is ZombiU...I'm just not too sure anymore.
Thoughts?

There's no shame waiting until the eventual price cut!

That's what I'm doing with the Vita but, since I plan on buying one, I am purchasing some games that I think might be hard to find later or if they go on sale. Supposedly it's taking a cut in 2013, so I'll have to wait awhile to play Persona 4: The Golden.