Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Free Thread *gaming related*
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: The Free Thread *gaming related*
(02-27-2013 09:44 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  Hm, I wouldn't really call Darksiders 2 a hack-and-slash. It's more of an adventure game in the style of Zelda. But, leaving that aside, is MGR as good as it looks? Honestly, since it's a Platinum game, I'm gonna get it regardless of your answer, but I'll still take it into consideration on whether or not to wait.

It's definitely Zelda with gameplay but the combat is on the lines of a Hack 'n' Slash(Almost DMC) since a member of the FGC and Truestyle Tournament player Trag13 was hired by Vigil Games to design the combat, thus why we have JCing, Animation Cancels and OTGs(Off the ground) with some awesome combo potential. It's very much an indepth DMC-style combat....just not really known about although it has it's dedicated group on YouTube.
Here's hoping Vigil Games I bought by Platinum. It sucks that no-one is interested in Dakrsiders apart from Platinum. He also left a pretty depressing post on NeoGAF when no-one bought Vigil Games.

I remember you saying you enjoyed the MGR:R demo so you'll love the game. Short (around 5-6 hours on your first try) but frikkin' AWESOME as hell. Perfect controls, AMAZING soundtrack, OKish graphics and a decent amount of replayability. You also have trials to complete once you've beaten the game and a crap ton of costume unlocks and weapon upgrades. The bosses are unique and memorable especially the end boss.
The combat is huge emphasis in this, considering doing a combo video myself. Really fun game.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 12:32 PM by BumblebeeCody.)
02-27-2013 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Thread *gaming related* - BumblebeeCody - 02-27-2013 12:28 PM
Games for windows live sucks - Skarro - 11-24-2012, 03:55 AM
RE: Games for windows live sucks - Skarro - 11-24-2012, 08:51 AM