Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tell why you like or hate the new gen
Hksaru Offline

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
RE: tell why you like or hate the new gen
The inanimate object pokemon are more ridiculous and retarded looking than previous generations, but there were just as much in previous generations. You just have to look harder seeing as they're much less retarded looking. That's not my reason though, just thought I'd put my 2 cents in for that argument.

I hate the new gens because you don't even play them, they play you. They take you from place to place in a linear fashion explaining absolutely everything to you eliminating the excitement of adventure and discovery from older gens, in addition to adding pretty much nothing to what made the game great. Instead they focus on adding retarded shit like fashion contests and Pokemon contests (the latter example wasn't so bad, but it didn't make the game itself better) and have succeeded in making the other facets of the game much more dull and simply unchallenging. Also, there seems to be a much more black-and-white distinction between good and bad Pokes in newer gens. I had to scrap 2 or 3 out of 5 of my pokemon after the Pokemon League in Black because they were utter shit compared to my others and couldn't compete with the high level Pokes you encounter beyond those 2 bridges you gain access to after completing the League. This is opposed to earlier gens where you could find the potential in almost any pokemon from start to end; Raticate, Tentacruel, Golbat, Onix, who cares. Instead I found my favorite 5th Gen Poke, Ben the Turtle (Carracosta) to be horrifyingly slow and weak in all regards once he hit about 60. Then there's the characters who lack any depth at all and the story line which is beyond stupid.

Basically I hate the new gens for the same reason I hate Diablo 3. Dumbed-down, linear, with a story line that makes you cringe at evident stupidity regularly.

Oh yeah, and they always add pointless designs and graphics to the newer Pokemon. Take Emboar for example. Is he wearing clothes or something? I just don't get it.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 11:54 AM by Hksaru.)
10-02-2012 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Banebladeluv

Messages In This Thread
RE: tell why you like or hate the new gen - Hksaru - 10-02-2012 11:50 AM