Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tell why you like or hate the new gen
Hexadecimal Offline
Reboot!

Given 79 thank(s) in 59 post(s)
RE: tell why you like or hate the new gen
I lost interest after Gold/Silver/Crystal (with the exception of HeartGold/SoulSilver since they were nearly perfect remakes).

I think it's mostly because I was a kid when Red/Blue was released unlike the newer generations who grew up on the more recent games. You get used to what you first experienced which drastically effects your opinion.

My Red was such a wonderful experience. This was before the internet was a big thing so I didn't have a computer around to cheat and see all the Pokemon. I actually was over the top excited when I encountered each new one and wanted to see what it would evolve into. When a friend told me about Missingo I remember being terrified when I tried it since the screen went black for so long before that monster appeared. Also, hearing there was a trick to actually obtain Mew blew me away. Heck, it's still the game I read the most about due to the bizarre glitches in it. Oh, and remember the Pokegod rumors? Those were fun.

I didn't sleep the night when Gold/Silver launched. This was before Nintendo starting milking the franchise so getting a new game with new Pokemon was so major to me. All the new features were so much fun and I loved that there were new Eevees!

...And then the next game came out and the next. I cared less and less as more changes I didn't like happened (I'll always be a Team Rocket fan girl). Natures, contests, junk like that. I also started not to like the new Pokemon either. The fact that more legionaries and event Pokemon got added made them stop being special. Plus, it no longer became feasible to catch them all. I actually did on my old Red game, only cheating once using the glitch to catch Mew. Otherwise I traded for the rest.

I'm actually done with Pokemon unless they release a new Pokemon Snap. I absolutely hated Black/White and it felt like a burden to complete it. N was a total pussy. I want a rival that's an asshole again.
09-23-2012 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: tell why you like or hate the new gen - Hexadecimal - 09-23-2012 11:25 AM