Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zelda 2014 Details - (Unconfirmed)
Beware of Cuccos Offline
Forum Grandma

Given 134 thank(s) in 95 post(s)
RE: Zelda 2014 Details - (Unconfirmed)
(09-05-2012 01:26 PM)Gardocki Wrote:  If they don't have full voice acting in the game, Nintendo can go F themselves with this. I don't care how massive or groundbreaking the game is promising to be (and that article to me sounds very fanboyish by the way), if they don't have voice acting for a game that is looking to appear on the same level as Skyrim, it'll be a big fucking fail. There's absolutely no reason why the last Zelda game didn't have voice acting (and don't give me that "it's the charm of the game" bullshit either), making another game without voice acting is a huge mistake.

Here is your whole post. Your whole, angry, post. You never actually say WHY you feel it needs to be included, only stating that there's "no reason why" the last game didn't have it. Leading me to believe that the only reason you think it should be included is because it can be done now.

(09-06-2012 05:03 AM)Gardocki Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 09:50 PM)Arjahn Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 01:26 PM)Gardocki Wrote:  If they don't have full voice acting in the game, Nintendo can go F themselves with this. I don't care how massive or groundbreaking the game is promising to be (and that article to me sounds very fanboyish by the way), if they don't have voice acting for a game that is looking to appear on the same level as Skyrim, it'll be a big fucking fail. There's absolutely no reason why the last Zelda game didn't have voice acting (and don't give me that "it's the charm of the game" bullshit either), making another game without voice acting is a huge mistake.

[Image: 26249865.jpg]

It is. There's no reason, not one single god damn reason that there's no voice acting in the newer Zelda titles. Even fucking Mario evolved, why can't Zelda?

I can accept that anything before the Gamecube couldn't handle it, that's fine. These days, there's no excuse for not having voice acting. Instead we're tasked with reading three sentences packed into a small box. I didn't buy a game to read a fucking novel, I bought a game to be engrossed in the story through the characters expression of emotions and dialogue. With Zelda games, there's little expression, and no dialogue to help. Instead I'm reading everything in my voice, and that doesn't help anything.

If other adventure games can have full voice acting, and still have a great story, then Zelda can too.

In response to the parts I have underlined here: Once again, you're not actually giving an actual reason as to why you believe voice acting should be included. It seems as though, the way it is written, that you want it because 1- it can be done, and 2- everyone else is doing it. Which are both horrible reasons to do anything.

In response to the parts I did not underline: Part of the whole Zelda dynamic (and why the game is so wonderful) is because we, as fans, can make up whatever voice/language we want for our characters. You saying "I didn't buy a game to read a fucking novel" just sounds like laziness to me.

I do not think voice acting should be included. I think it wold ruin the game. Although, I do partially agree with BumbleebeeCody in that I think they should stop with the weird mouth movements.

(09-06-2012 05:54 AM)Gardocki Wrote:  Not once, NOT FUCKING ONCE, did I say the franchise needs voice acting because other games have it.

(09-05-2012 01:26 PM)Gardocki Wrote:  It is. There's no reason, not one single god damn reason that there's no voice acting in the newer Zelda titles. Even fucking Mario evolved, why can't Zelda?

(09-05-2012 01:26 PM)Gardocki Wrote:  If other adventure games can have full voice acting, and still have a great story, then Zelda can too.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 06:05 AM by Beware of Cuccos.)
09-06-2012 05:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Zelda 2014 Details - (Unconfirmed) - Kai - 09-05-2012, 07:51 AM
RE: Zelda 2014 Details - (Unconfirmed) - Beware of Cuccos - 09-06-2012 05:59 AM