Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most hated gaming misconceptions
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions
(08-15-2012 05:58 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:  ^

I find it funny that Nintendo are trying to get the hardcore fans with the Wii U, and Sony and Microsoft are trying to get the mainstream and casuals with their Kinect and Move.

Still people can't see through this.

It's because Nintendo grabbed the casual gamer and your grandad but the balls and made a shi- ton of money. Nintendo had their Marios and Zeldas to keep up on the bandwagon, but now they have your dull girlfriend, grandmother and next door neighbours cat having a go at Wii bowling. Sony and Microsoft wanted in on that and thus can the Move and that terrible thing Micro$oft call Kinect....or "Skittles-the-Tiger-taking-up-Rarewares-precious-company-from-making-a-decent-Banjo-threeie-game".

The funny thing is, even if Nintendo failed at trying to appeal to the "Hardcore/CoD Fanbase", they'd still make millions and we'd all buy it. But who cares about Kinect? Really...

I have another one.
HD
I've seen this before about certain games not being HD. I know I shouldn't be reading YouTube comments but, they're pretty funny. I've seem gamers complain about how [Insert HD collection name here] isn't HD because it still uses the same graphics. Or, Rayman HD/RE4 still look like last gen. No shi-. They have 0 idea what High Definition actually means. There was a team working on Sonic 2 for PC, an unofficial port running in 1080p and you read the comments like "WTF THIS ISN'T HD". There's a difference between HD and a game re-texture. Damn
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:56 PM by BumblebeeCody.)
08-15-2012 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Most hated gaming misconceptions - Arjahn - 08-09-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions - Beardy - 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions - BumblebeeCody - 08-15-2012 10:46 PM
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions - Fox - 09-12-2012, 04:17 AM