Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most hated gaming misconceptions
Gardocki Offline
Best In The World!

Given 26 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions
Misconception: Each Call of Duty is the same.

Horseshit: They are not the same. You may do the same thing in killing people but that's it. Just like in any Mario or Zelda game where you save the princess or the world, the main point of the games are where the similarities end. COD is not the same game year after year, and anyone who spends time with either companies COD game can tell the difference between them.

Misconception: Video games are for teenagers or kids. I don't have time for video games because I'm an adult.

Horseshit: I'm turning 30 this year, write full time for Examiner and work for Walgreens on the weekends, take care of my house and two kids, and I still find time to play video games among my daily activities. Gaming doesn't need to just stop because you get old.

Misconception: All Wii games require you to wag your arms around to play.

Horseshit: There are many, many Wii games that don't require you to move anymore then you would when using an Xbox or PS3 controller. Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, Smackdown Vs. Raw, Excitruck, I can go on and on. Yes, there are plenty of games that require movement, but not all of them. I asked a friend if he tried Mario Galaxy once, he said there was too much arm movement for him in the game. I said, "You barely move your wrist, and that's only when you're using a star to go from planet to planet, the game is controlled with the analog stick and Wiimote". He was busted.

Misconception: Guitar players believe gamers think they can play guitar after playing guitar hero.

Horseshit: No gamer plays Guitar Hero or Rock Band and then goes, "I can totally play a fucking guitar now". I've talked with at least seven guitar players who are offended by the games, and have this belief that people who play the games will think they can play guitar. Guitar players need to get off their high horses, we play guitar hero and rock band to enjoy the effects of playing music, that's it. We don't need to spend months, if not years, to lean the guitar just to play a song or two. For fucks sake, it's a game, get over yourself.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 09:48 AM by Gardocki.)
08-11-2012 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Most hated gaming misconceptions - Arjahn - 08-09-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions - Beardy - 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions - Gardocki - 08-11-2012 09:46 AM
RE: Most hated gaming misconceptions - Fox - 09-12-2012, 04:17 AM