MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I'm done before I want to be.
Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
I've been playing Pokemon Black for a couple of weeks now. When it comes to Pokemon I have been playing it non-stop until I've finished every gym, Elite 4 and all that extra stuff. But when I played Black I couldn't really get into it. At first I thought it was the uninspired design of the Pokemon, or the bad variation of Pokemon. Now that I've been playing it for at least 10 hours it just came to me. I think I might be done with Pokemon, as a concept.

While it makes sense for me, or anyone, to eventually get bored of something I never thought I would get bored of Pokemon. It's a series I've been with since day 1 and I have loved every game to death (Even the unpopular gen 3 and 4). A new game has always been the peak of my gaming interesting. But then I sat down with this one it all just felt tedious and slow. The feeling of adventure and excitement when you discover and catch a new Pokemon was gone. Trying to find what's effective against other pokemons was just annoying and took time. Everything about it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I got kind of sad when I realised how bored I was of the game. Pokemon has been one of those series I thought I would see through and always at least find playable. Now I just can't see myself playing Pokemon Black. I have at least 20 other games that I would enjoy a lot more right now so it would just dumb to go back to something I don't enjoy. So with this game, I'm probably done with the main Pokemon series. I probably won't pick a game up unless they make a huge change to it. Which I doubt they will since they have a winning concept going on.

Now that my rant is over..

Has anyone here been through something familiar?
08-04-2012 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm done before I want to be. - Nuudoru - 08-04-2012 10:02 PM