Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Dead Space Discussion Thread
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: The Official Dead Space Discussion Thread
(08-22-2012 12:41 PM)agentkuo Wrote:  
(08-22-2012 11:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  I don't mind the online multiplayer because it worked incredibly well and it felt like Left 4 Dead 1 and 2s multiplayer mode. But when you make campagin co-op, then you take the scare factor out.
"I want to progress but I have to wait for my partner to reload"
"I cant progress because my partner is going for a shit"
"My partner found that moment funny which took me out of the immersion"
"I have to rely on my partner to aim"
"My partner died and now we have to restart"
"My partner is a moron-" and so-on and so-on. Co-op in games isn't bad but you don't need it for Dead Space. This is EA putting their little fingers in our games and trying to force this online pass crap on us if we want to experience what the game fully has to offer. I can live without competitive multiplayer in Dead Space 2(I redeemed my code and played it twice...meh) but having the campaign have this tacked on co-op is stupid. Dead Space is a sacred game really.

That's all though, that's the only problem I see with the game. It's really bad though... :/
I just don't understand why you're complaining about co-op when it's optional. And it's not a separate campaign. Why does it bother you so much that they included something that doesn't even affect you?
They're not trying to force anything on us. It's completely optional.

As for the online multiplayer, I as well played it about 2-3 times. It was bad. And that's why I think they should have worked on making it a better experience.

Rephrase your last sentence with online co-op that'll be my experience. Just don't add unnecessary additions; even if they work or not, because that's not what we play Dead Space for. It's like adding co-op to No More Heroes. It's not needed. Why don't we add co-op to every game then?
I also go back to my point about EA putting their hands in this to force the online pass on us to get the most out of a campaign.
The difference with multiplayer for Dead Space (Medal of Hon(u)or and Bioshock 2) is that that section of the game was developed outside the head studio. Meaning the head studio didn't waste time and resources on the single player experience.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 10:25 PM by BumblebeeCody.)
08-22-2012 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Dead Space Discussion Thread - BumblebeeCody - 08-22-2012 10:17 PM