Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Games That Piss You Off - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Games That Piss You Off (/thread-2142.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Games That Piss You Off - TehEvilOne - 01-21-2013 11:39 PM

Title explains it all.

Anyhow, lately Resident Evil 6 pissed me off.

I was playing Leon's Campaign and I'm the first chapter. I had to survive with the other survivors using only my shotgun that I recently got. About 30 seconds in, an Ambulance appeared out of nowhere and insta-killed me. So, I had to replay it. So, the second time around, the ambulance came around and I manage to ran away but then I get hit by a flying piece of metal, which killed me instantly, again.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Xannidel - 01-22-2013 12:14 AM

Demon Souls, I think I am just not meant to play those kind of games haha.

Small portions of FFXIII have pissed me off like Hope's Eidolon fight and the second Barthandelus have been the only two parts where I have raged badly in that game.

Silent Hill Downpour, when you have to run from that swirly ball of death and that ball can phase through walls and shit which makes so much shit pointless in those segments like the final chase scene in the penitentiary where you are running up multiple flights of stairs and the ball can just phase up the floors and then cut you off and kill you.

Those are the recent games that have made me just say "Fuck it."

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Mass Distraction - 01-22-2013 02:52 AM

Resident. Evil. Missions.

WHY DOES THAT DAMN GAME EXIST??!?

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Psychospacecow - 01-22-2013 02:53 AM

I tried the street fighter games. I think there's a hole in my wall because of that.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Xannidel - 01-22-2013 02:57 AM

(01-22-2013 02:52 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:  Resident. Evil. Missions.

Never even heard of this before, now I know it's a mobile game. Looks rather clunky for a mobile game.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - BumblebeeCody - 01-22-2013 03:20 AM

I don't think any bad has fully pissed me off.
Maybe small sections or something has happened that has annoyed me such as: losing save data or the console turning off before saving.

Dead Rising 1 with's horrendus AI
The time I had to go through a hard section on Ninja Gaiden 2 using only the sword. Annoyed the hell out of me.
Amy(2012) is perfect example of everything wrong with the game, to the point only 10 people finished it. May've gone up now but that game is frustrating to play.
One cheap death in Demons Souls(in the prison)
Capcoms AI programming.
In DBZ: RB I was close to getting to the leaderboards when I got trolled by Ginyu. Threw my controller across the room and broke a mic....

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Xannidel - 01-22-2013 03:48 AM

(01-22-2013 03:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  I don't think any bad has fully pissed me off.

(01-22-2013 03:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  I don't think any bad...

(01-22-2013 03:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  ....any bad.....

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Lightmatt - 01-22-2013 04:16 AM

MOBA games, nuff said. League of Legends to be more specific.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Mass Distraction - 01-22-2013 05:15 AM

(01-22-2013 02:57 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  
(01-22-2013 02:52 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:  Resident. Evil. Missions.

Never even heard of this before, now I know it's a mobile game. Looks rather clunky for a mobile game.

I can safely say that it is THE worst game I have ever played in my life. I once wrote a review for it, I'll copy that in the spoiler tags.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Zaliphone - 01-22-2013 05:38 AM

Fucking BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
It's so fun, but almost on a Super Meat Boy level of hard.
Oh, and also Super Meat Boy. I just want to break everything when I play that fantastic game.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - TheRealJDawgz - 01-22-2013 05:45 AM

I just replayed Megaman 2 for the first time in a while, and while I thought it was fun, the Wily Stages in that game have to be some of the most unfair and frustrating experiences that it pissed me off.

It pushes the 1, 2, and 3 weapons to the limit.
The dragon boss can kill you instantly.
Some of the sections were impossible to do without getting hit.
Stupid invisible platforms
The security boss you needed to literally use every Crash Bomb right or you lost (also it was hard to dodge their shots)
The boss after the boss rush pushed you to use your E-Tanks (and you don't have any Crash Bombs if you didn't game over)
The final boss was stupid, and if you ran out of Bubble Leads you had to game over to refill your ammo (I had 20 lives at that point)

I honestly wonder how you could beat that game as a kid without a guide.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Arjahn - 01-22-2013 10:34 AM

(01-22-2013 04:16 AM)Lightmatt Wrote:  MOBA games, nuff said. League of Legends to be more specific.

This guy... THIS GUY. He gets it.
Does anyone have fun playing MOBAs? I feel like every time I play one that everyone's just playing some cruel practical joke on me. They are so mind numblingly boring and repetitive that I feel like rage quitting from lack of rage... for which there's a harsh penalty. And all mobas do the same damn thing.
Three lanes, pick one, fight minions/weaklings to gain XP, increase stats and abilities, go back to spawn to buy shit, pick a lane, fight minions, repeat for 30 minutes, move up on Turret, try to kill turret, go to secondary defense, try to kill secondary defense, go to their spawn, kill something big at their spawn.

It's just not fun, and I'm not saying this as some Michael-Bay esque explosion COD fan gremling or anything, I can appreciate a good tactical game or slower RPG, but all MOBAs just feel so similar and so... lame that I can't even play them much any more.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Xannidel - 01-22-2013 10:40 AM

One MOBA that I did enjoy for a time was Smite and also GOME but Smite is getting pretty lame and it's not even officially released yet and GOME is a poorly programmed/executed console exclusive game.

GOME runs on Peer 2 Peer and that leads to constant lag and D/Cs, players can leave a game at any time and re queue like nothing happened, bots do not replace players who D/Ced or ragequited. the game can be fun with nice controls and all but that's just it.

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Berry - 01-22-2013 11:09 AM

Haven't really encounter a game that really pissed me off,so...

RE: Games That Piss You Off - Lightmatt - 01-22-2013 11:42 AM

(01-22-2013 10:34 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  
(01-22-2013 04:16 AM)Lightmatt Wrote:  MOBA games, nuff said. League of Legends to be more specific.

This guy... THIS GUY. He gets it.
Does anyone have fun playing MOBAs? I feel like every time I play one that everyone's just playing some cruel practical joke on me. They are so mind numblingly boring and repetitive that I feel like rage quitting from lack of rage... for which there's a harsh penalty. And all mobas do the same damn thing.
Three lanes, pick one, fight minions/weaklings to gain XP, increase stats and abilities, go back to spawn to buy shit, pick a lane, fight minions, repeat for 30 minutes, move up on Turret, try to kill turret, go to secondary defense, try to kill secondary defense, go to their spawn, kill something big at their spawn.

It's just not fun, and I'm not saying this as some Michael-Bay esque explosion COD fan gremling or anything, I can appreciate a good tactical game or slower RPG, but all MOBAs just feel so similar and so... lame that I can't even play them much any more.

Don't get me wrong I love the feel of any MOBA game. Being able to use cool acrobatic skills to move about the map, killing minions, and fighting other players can make for a great experience; but it takes a while due to really passive play and strict meta game.

The RPG elements kinda piss me off too. If you're having a difficult time in lane against someone who can damage you easily, because they have better stats from the start, there's not much you can do about it. Soon, they'll snowball to the point that you're going to lose your lane and goes off to roam and dominate other lanes. Meanwhile, you're trying to catch up in farm and your teammates are busy in the chatbox telling YOU how much YOU SUCK and should uninstall the game. You want to mute them, but what if you miss a signal to do something that could turn this game around and don't see it and fuck up and then... Ahem! Anyways, I not too fond of the RPG elements.

Lastly, the communities in these games can be pretty bad (Not saying that only MOBA communities are bad it's just how the game is setup.) If you're having a bad game, you can't just leave and try another game, no, you're stuck with these people for at least 20 minutes (That's if you can get a surrender to happen.) The only real reason I still play LOL is so I can hangout with my friends; who only play that game and none other (Even though we have a bunch of other games that we could play multiplayer on.) [/rant]

That's why MOBA games piss me off, there's a really cool game under the repetitive and grindly mechanics and usually terrible community, but it's really tough to experience that game because of that.