Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
Beardy
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
I just thought it'd be good to contain any big issue arguments within one single thread. Much love to retrolinkx for coming up with the same idea but being a lot more polite about it than I ever could be in the unpopular opinions thread.

Anyway, I think that this forum, so far, is classy enough to have arguments about actual omg-issues without it descending into hateful spite. Lord knows I've disagreed with things that people have said on here, but still think they're awesome people (and hopefully vice versa). So, I love y'all, but I may disagree with you and argue. LET'S GO. Any big ol' societal issues that irk you, POST.

- Personally, even though it makes me sound like a proper fanny, I think I am a feminist.
08-05-2012 09:51 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
RE: The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
I think women who whine about sexist in media are retarded since men are shown in a sexist way as well.

Yep.
08-05-2012 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-05-2012 10:05 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  I think women who whine about sexist in media are retarded since men are shown in a sexist way as well.

Yep.

Nuudoru, shall we argue? It'll be fun, I swear.
08-05-2012 10:07 AM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

(08-05-2012 10:07 AM)Beardy Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 10:05 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  I think women who whine about sexist in media are retarded since men are shown in a sexist way as well.

Yep.

Nuudoru, shall we argue? It'll be fun, I swear.

Nah. I just don't care about the whole issue to actually argue about it. If women still feel like they're getting the worst treatment in video game and want to change that, they're feel to do so.

I care so little about anything that I shouldn't even be in this thread.

I'm out.
08-05-2012 10:09 AM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
Being a feminist nowadays serves no purpose.
08-05-2012 10:10 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-05-2012 10:10 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Being a feminist nowadays serves no purpose.

Well I only meant it in a very tentative, unsure way. I've no idea about the current ideas driving feminism.

Still, what d'you mean it serves no purpose?
08-05-2012 10:13 AM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

(08-05-2012 10:10 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Being a feminist nowadays serves no purpose.

08-05-2012 10:15 AM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

@Beardy
I mean that this "Third Wave Feminism" is just man hating rather than setting equality between the two.

(08-05-2012 10:15 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  

Violence in general is stupid but I don't consider women weaker. I consider them equal, which is clearly the point he's making here.
The interviewer seems live off the idea:
"Woman are equal, yet you can't slap a woman".
08-05-2012 10:27 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-05-2012 10:27 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  @Beardy
I mean that this "Third Wave Feminism" is just man hating rather than setting equality between the two.

Well to be fair, it's from a history of sexual violence. The whole slut-walk thing... I'm totally behind it. I also think that "man-hating" is a fucking ridiculous term.

Hey, hey guys. I honestly don't have a vagina.
08-05-2012 10:33 AM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

(08-05-2012 10:33 AM)Beardy Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 10:27 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  @Beardy

Well to be fair, it's from a history of sexual violence. The whole slut-walk thing... I'm totally behind it. I also think that "man-hating" is a fucking ridiculous term.

Hey, hey guys. I honestly don't have a vagina.

I watch the feminist conventions on YouTube. Zomgitscriss was at one recently. Oooh that Rebecca Watson

Using other peoples history to hold against the men of today responsible? Cool.

08-05-2012 10:36 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-05-2012 10:36 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Using other peoples history to hold against the men of today responsible? Cool.

Yeah, just like them damn niggers that complain that they've been historically held back by societal inertia.
08-05-2012 10:42 AM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody , Arjahn
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
Damn this thread is gonna piss some people off, but I could give two shits about that right now.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say I agree with BumblebeeCody that feminism now is completely pointless, and I think this because they have equal rights now there is nowhere else to go now they're just getting pissed at sexism which is pointless you can say it's wrong to be sexist and it is but complaining about it isn't going to do anything about it, it doesn't change anything. Sexism will always exist and so will racism and violence and tons of other evils, just deal with it, I also form this opinion from knowing a feminist personally and she's fine until she starts bringing out the feminist flag, like one time I said I think it's funnier to pronounce rapier rapeyer instead of rapyer because they are both correct pronunciations it's just one has rape in it, and then she got pissed saying nothing is funny about rape and that "that kind of attitude is what holds women down" (after that part I thought to myself immediately "literally" and I couldn't help but smile to myself) and I'm just sitting there thinking "bitch rape happens to guys too."

So yeah that's my opinion and if you don't like it...well whatever, this thread as far as I know is about voicing opinions on things that can be considered an issue.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 12:03 PM by cingchris.)
08-05-2012 12:01 PM
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-05-2012 12:01 PM)cingchris Wrote:  Damn this thread is gonna piss some people off, but I could give two shits about that right now.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say I agree with BumblebeeCody that feminism now is completely pointless, and I think this because they have equal rights now there is nowhere else to go now they're just getting pissed at sexism which is pointless you can say it's wrong to be sexist and it is but complaining about it isn't going to do anything about it, it doesn't change anything. Sexism will always exist and so will racism and violence and tons of other evils, just deal with it, I also form this opinion from knowing a feminist personally and she's fine until she starts bringing out the feminist flag, like one time I said I think it's funnier to pronounce rapier rapeyer instead of rapyer because they are both correct pronunciations it's just one has rape in it, and then she got pissed saying nothing is funny about rape and that "that kind of attitude is what holds women down" (after that part I thought to myself immediately "literally" and I couldn't help but smile to myself) and I'm just sitting there thinking "bitch rape happens to guys too."

So yeah that's my opinion and if you don't like it...well whatever, this thread as far as I know is about voicing opinions on things that can be considered an issue.

Quote:I also form this opinion from knowing a feminist personally

Holy shit, you've met one?!
08-05-2012 12:13 PM
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
(08-05-2012 12:13 PM)Beardy Wrote:  
Quote:I also form this opinion from knowing a feminist personally

Holy shit, you've met one?!

*puts finger to mouth while deeply pondering quote* Hmm...this is obviously sarcasm but I don't care, because that's the only person I know that is a blunt feminist.
08-05-2012 01:28 PM
CFMM
Unregistered

I'm going to derail the feminist discussion and throw this mess about marriage equality into the fray, namely the shitstorm about Chick-Fil-A and all of that related nonsense.

I find it really terrible that there is a religious majority in the United States that uses THEIR excessively biased interpretation of morality to keep others in the dark. The fact that so many people willingly believe in this hateful, terrible stuff really depresses me. It hit a boiling point when I had to face my own family who were just buying into this "support Chick-Fil-A" crap. I mean, first of all eating at a restaurant you NEVER EVER eat at just because you think your money is going to go toward putting gays down is terrible. I hope that hate sandwich tasted really good.

But back to my point. It scares me that people think that the USA is a "Christian" nation. It is not. The founding fathers were not of any religious affiliation and some of them even despised the Church. I'm not saying Christianity as a whole has no morals, religion can teach you some decent rules of life but not everyone needs Jesus Christ to tell them to be a good person. I'm an Atheist. I have friends who belong to all sorts of faiths, and you know what, those of us who don't have our heads in our asses understand that people who be free to do what makes them happy so long as it's not illegal.

And two guys/girls tying the knot isn't illegal. It shouldn't be. Marriage isn't a religious thing. That's what I keep telling people. Marriage is a legal status. You can be wed in a government office just as easily as you can in a church, and you don't have to be a person of faith to be given power to wed people. One of my closest friends went and became ordained just because he was BORED one day. I'm gay, and I would like to get married. I'm single, but I mean it would be nice if that changed. I don't even want to be married in a church, and if I did it's not like I'm going to have my partner drop trou and suck him off right there on the spot in the middle of a church.

I don't understand homophobia. It's not a phobia. "Homophobia" is just a nice way of saying someone is a total asshole just like how "job creators" is a nicer FOX News term for "people who ruin the economy".
08-05-2012 04:41 PM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody , Arjahn , Zaliphone