Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bunch of random I know of
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
A bunch of random I know of
Earhhbound
- In the beginning of the game when you choose the name for the characters you hear a voice going "Ok-sska". It's actually a recorded voice of the game's creator Shigesato Itoi. He had no idea it had been implanted into the game until the game was finished. Since it sounded silly he thought it fit with the games theme and let the sound director keep it there.

*MAJOR SPOILERS*
- The dialouge spoken by Gigyas at the end of the game comes from a horrible exerpience Itoi had as a child when he sneaked into an adult cinema. When he got in there he witnessed a rape scene and murder in a movie. I can't remember the title of the movie, but if you look up this fact I'm sure you will find it. It's famous in the Earthbound community.

Pokemon
- In Japan the default names for the protagonist and antagonist is Satoshi (protagonist) and Shigeru (antagonist). They are named after Satoshi Taijiri, the creator of Pokemon, and Shigeru Miyamoto, the man behind Super Mario, Zelda and many other famous series. Satoshi admitted in an interview that he always saw Shigeru Miyamoto as a rival and that's why he chose those names.

- Satoshi Taijiris favorite Pokemon is Poliwhirl. That is why the protagonist of the Pokemon Adventure manga has a Poliwhirl as his first Pokemon.

Pikmin
- Shigeru Miyamoto designed the Pikmin stages while looking at his garden. In an interview he said that it's basically his garden with a few changes.
06-26-2012 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

RE: A bunch of random I know of
I just got reminded of another one and will write another post directly after the one before. If this isn't okay, mods, give me a heads up and I will put the facts in my first post instead.

Please give me the heads up BEFORE you delete the posts though. Smile

Okay, now to the fact.

In the the japanese version of Earthbound (Mother 2), the font that they use for Mr. Saturn (Dosei-san) was based off how Itoi's daughter used to write with pen and paper.

Itoi is a true family man. Including his daughter like that.
06-26-2012 07:12 PM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Rare's first design of Kazooie was to make her a rabbit. But they felt it was so unoriginal that they went with a bird instead.

This is a fact I'm not sure that I can back up so much. I read it at a huge Banjo-Kazooie wikia.
06-27-2012 12:15 AM
SparoHawk Offline
Wizard of Earthsea

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Nice random facts. Too bad I cannot seem to recall any at the moment. There are one or two things I remember, though, about Golden Eye.

Let me post them.
06-27-2012 11:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply