Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of
Beardy
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of
What are the old games that you'd like a reboot of, sorta like what happened with Syndicate? It doesn't have to be the same genre as the original or anything, you decide what direction the previously dead-in-the-water franchise should take. Doesn't matter about the legal rights to the games, either. Let your imaginations run wild.

Bushido Blade: I'd just like basically the same game but prettier, with online play for the 3DS.

Blake Stone: A full-on Call of Duty style "chuck money at it" but with the same aesthetic as the original and with the same amount of exploration rather than corridor type gameplay.

Gods: Again, prettied up for the 3DS with basically the same gameplay. The only suggestion for a gameplay tweak I can think of is that you shouldn't have to walk along with the floating platforms, because that's weird.

Cannon Fodder: Wow, I seem to have a total boner for the Bitmap Brothers. I'd love to see this as a great smartphone game.
07-16-2012 10:43 AM
Quote this message in a reply
zspartancats Offline

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of
I would love to see Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction get a reboot. It was one of the best games Pandemic made, before their untimely death. The sequel was just utter crap and it deserved a better sequel.
07-16-2012 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
CFMM
Unregistered

(07-16-2012 10:43 AM)Beardy Wrote:  Blake Stone: A full-on Call of Duty style "chuck money at it" but with the same aesthetic as the original and with the same amount of exploration rather than corridor type gameplay.

God damn it. That music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IgodenUKdQ

I loved that game so much when I was a kid. It was another one of those "Doom-ish" games but still had things that separated it from the other clones.

I think Tyrian needs a revival. That game is near 20 years old and it's still an amazing play today. Literally a month ago I sat down and played through the entire thing again.

Robot Arena is also a great PC game that needs a reboot. It's been almost a decade since its last incarnation, but unfortunately no one cares about robot combat anymore so I doubt we'll ever see a RA 3; it's amazing we even got a 2 because the original Robot Arena was GOD AWFUL, but number 2 was just amazing. The game still has an active online community and healthy modding community to boot.

Megarace also needs a better installment. The first one (which most people received as a bundle with their Windows 3.1 computers) was pretty incredible for its time and used some fancy technological trickery to give you a 3D racing experience without the hardware requirements, it's like a low-end PS1 game years before the console existed. Megarace 2 was "meh" and 3 was just bad. I don't even know how old Christian Erickson is or if he'd be able to reprise his role as Lance Boyle for a 4th game either. D:
07-16-2012 11:20 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(07-16-2012 11:20 AM)CFMM Wrote:  I loved that game so much when I was a kid. It was another one of those "Doom-ish" games but still had things that separated it from the other clones.

It was just a bit before Doom, by a month or so. Just think how different it could all be if Blake Stone was the starter of FPS poularity. Apogee could be in charge of the Modern Warfare games.
07-16-2012 11:29 AM
CFMM
Unregistered

Call of Duty isn't made by id Software, though. Tongue And Apogee is 3D Realms, they work on Duke Nukem and are a subsidiary of Take Two/Rockstar now I think. XD

Call of Duty is Craptivision and the development of the games are whored out to Treyarch and Infinity Ward.
07-16-2012 11:32 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(07-16-2012 11:32 AM)CFMM Wrote:  Call of Duty isn't made by id Software, though. Tongue And Apogee is 3D Realms, they work on Duke Nukem and are a subsidiary of Take Two/Rockstar now I think. XD

Call of Duty is Craptivision and the development of the games are whored out to Treyarch and Infinity Ward.

Well yeah.... it was all a hypothetical. Imagine if the first BIG first person shooter had an awesome sense of humour, like Blake Stone. The game industry could have been so different.

At the very least Apogee would have been remembered for their greatness rather than eventually leading to Duke Nukem Forever.
07-16-2012 11:39 AM
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
Phantom Crash:

It's like Hawken and Armored Core put together, with less technical stuff, and more fun. I swear it was a mix of easy and hard at certain parts, the music was unique and vibrant, and the intro is the most realistic thing you could see back in last gen.
07-16-2012 11:39 AM
duundermifflin Offline
Thigh tickler.

Given 13 thank(s) in 12 post(s)
MKDA and MKD hd.
07-16-2012 02:11 PM
Melirune Offline
Necromantic Subjugator

Given 49 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
Wizards & Warriors definitely needs a reboot. I can only imagine how awesome Kuros would be in full 3D glory.
07-16-2012 02:22 PM
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
Oh I know, what about a classic style Banjo Kaz---
[Image: i4ht8.jpg]
07-16-2012 04:18 PM
 Thanks given by: duundermifflin , BumblebeeCody
SlothyPunk Offline

Given 5 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
I wanna see a new Syphon Filter. I only ever played the first one and loved it! Maybe a remake (yeah right...)
07-16-2012 06:38 PM
Scormac Offline

Given 30 thank(s) in 27 post(s)
Tombi D: i miss the games

but since de dudes dont exist anymore there is no chance >:
07-16-2012 10:47 PM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody , DidYouKnowGaming
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Complete Global Saturation
(07-16-2012 10:47 PM)Scormac Wrote:  Tombi D: i miss the games

but since de dudes dont exist anymore there is no chance >:

It's out the PSN in Japan and North America only. Undecided

God Hand
Killer 7
The Suffering
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Clock Tower
Eternal Darkness
07-16-2012 11:11 PM
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
I want a Killer Instinct reboot the original was amazing and I bet if I had taken the time to get used to the control scheme of the second one it would have been equally amazing BUT I don't want Rare just taking the game series and raping it in the face like they did the Banjo Kazooie series Nuts and Bolts was an abomination. I would also love to see a sequel to Super Mario RPG that game is on my top ten list and needs a follow up of equal caliber, although I know that most likely won't happen because Square Soft developed that game instead of Nintendo and it's obvious Square Enix doesn't want to do another one because they won't even let Nintendo use Geno from the game in their own games.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 02:01 AM by cingchris.)
07-17-2012 02:00 AM
damerdar Offline
Alpha Nerd

Given 18 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
(07-16-2012 11:39 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  Phantom Crash:

It's like Hawken and Armored Core put together, with less technical stuff, and more fun. I swear it was a mix of easy and hard at certain parts, the music was unique and vibrant, and the intro is the most realistic thing you could see back in last gen.

YES! I love this game. Also, SLAI, which is pretty much the exact same game made by the same people, but more maps, more robots, more options.

Sadly, I suck at both of them.
07-17-2012 02:13 AM