Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Walking Dead *Spoilers*
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

Given 82 thank(s) in 71 post(s)
Photo The Walking Dead *Spoilers*
Due to Season 3's Comic Con trailer being released, I thought it would be a perfect time for a thread like this. From the T.V. show to the comic, I want to know what you think of it all and how its going to be. (The video game is not included in this topic.)

From season 1, without knowing anything about it, it sure picked up once the episodes got going. It looked like a run-of-a-mill zombie show, but it turned out to be a joy ride. The Dr. Jenner secret about the infection was pretty interesting.

Season 2, to me, was a little slow at parts, but had its fair share of mystery and suspense. Shane and his secrecy, Hershel and his family, and how they were going to survive on the land. The Sophia incident was okay, but meh. It may have missed something to me.

Season 3 looks like it will just being awesome from the get-go.

So yeah, your thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 10:19 AM by Mr.Katana.)
07-14-2012 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
RE: The Walking Dead
I think the show is great so far and that season 1 was defiantly action packed while feeling like the show had real potential and season 2 slowing down but also confirming the potential with it's fair share of great moments and I hope season 3 lives up to them and continues to be amazing. Also season 1 seemed more about introducing characters while season 2 was more about refining these character and I feel like the story is really going to pick up in season 3 since that stage of the show is over for the most part.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 04:44 PM by cingchris.)
07-14-2012 04:43 PM
A Zombie Riot Offline
Teh Zombie Master

Given 229 thank(s) in 189 post(s)
If you love Walking Dead, Minecraft and Caboose from Red Vs. Blue (the guy who voices him is absolutely hilarious), you'll love this.

07-14-2012 07:04 PM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
I'm still on Season 1, yo.
07-14-2012 07:20 PM
dafchunk Offline

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
The first season was brilliant, the second took half of it to get going but got better as it went on.

I'm pumped for S3.
07-14-2012 08:57 PM
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
First was pretty cool, the 5-6 episodes in the city were great, they were how all episodes should be, didn't like them handcuffing that guy who looks like Francis from Left 4 Dead on the bar and leaving him there, but eh, he's alright.

Second season started good,

Third season is going to turn to shit soon I guess, since
07-14-2012 09:20 PM
DHXIII Offline
Graphic Designer/Retro Gamer

Given 28 thank(s) in 27 post(s)
Anybody read the comics, They are significantly better and the characters are way better developed.

Did anyone read issue 100 that was downright disturbing:
07-15-2012 07:36 AM
Beware of Cuccos Offline
Forum Grandma

Given 134 thank(s) in 95 post(s)
I'm reading the hardcovers, and staying two books ahead of what's happening on the television show. I absolutely love them both, and I love that they're different.

I would say more about specifics, but I don't remember how to 'spoiler', and i'm leaving the house and don't have time to look it up.
07-15-2012 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alphabit Offline

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
I've yet to watch the season 3 trailer but I'm sure it'll be great. Pretty excited for the third season although I've got no problem waiting.
07-15-2012 12:39 PM
Beardy
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
The second season was insanely slow and...frankly boring until the end. Looking forward to season 3, though. The end of season 2 was awesome.
07-15-2012 12:44 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
The Walking Dead is by far my favorite TV show. The comic books my second favorite comic books. Although really, season 2 of the show spent way too much time in the farm, such a slow pace also. And for season 3 all I want is to see Laurie get killed or something. I hate her so much. Carl is probably smarter than her.
07-15-2012 02:05 PM
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

(07-15-2012 02:05 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:  The Walking Dead is by far my favorite TV show. The comic books my second favorite comic books. Although really, season 2 of the show spent way too much time in the farm, such a slow pace also. And for season 3 all I want is to see Laurie get killed or something. I hate her so much. Carl is probably smarter than her.

Are you kidding me? Did you see what Carl did in season 2?

07-15-2012 02:17 PM
 Thanks given by: Mr.Holmes
cingchris Offline

(07-15-2012 02:05 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:  The Walking Dead is by far my favorite TV show. The comic books my second favorite comic books. Although really, season 2 of the show spent way too much time in the farm, such a slow pace also. And for season 3 all I want is to see Laurie get killed or something. I hate her so much. Carl is probably smarter than her.

As I stated I kinda realized season 2 was more about character development so you could get to know the characters on a more personal level so of course it's gonna be slow. Also Carl is a f!@king retard man while Laurie is a dumb whore at least she has some (not much just some) common sense, *clears throat* sorry for the outburst but I think Carl is one of the most despicable characters on the show right now.
07-15-2012 02:26 PM
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

(07-15-2012 02:26 PM)cingchris Wrote:  

As I stated I kinda realized season 2 was more about character development so you could get to know the characters on a more personal level so of course it's gonna be slow. Also Carl is a f!@king retard man while Laurie is a dumb whore at least she has some (not much just some) common sense, *clears throat* sorry for the outburst but I think Carl is one of the most despicable characters on the show right now.

Carl was okay until season 2. He just needs to shut up or get left being honestly. I don't mind Laurie too much. Some of her drama tho on the farm was just really bad. I couldn't care less about it.
07-15-2012 02:42 PM
cingchris Offline

(07-15-2012 02:42 PM)Mr.Katana Wrote:  Carl was okay until season 2. He just needs to shut up or get left being honestly. I don't mind Laurie too much. Some of her drama tho on the farm was just really bad. I couldn't care less about it.

I agree Carl was fine up until season 2 then he just starting doing retarded things and I started to hate him while I've always hated Laurie's "I'm always the victim of everything" mentality which is starting to change but she's still one dumb character when it comes to some of her decisions.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 03:19 PM by cingchris.)
07-15-2012 03:19 PM