Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 games
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
PS3 games
I am always on the lookout for PS3 games to play but I am running out of ones to play so i need suggestions. I have games like Skyrim and the 2 Batman games and the Fallout games. I was thinking about getting Red Dead Redemption or Dead Rising 2 or maybe the Jak and Daxter HD Collection (or Devil May Cry) and I was curious what you all suggest.
07-08-2012 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicknclank Offline
The Strategist

Given 28 thank(s) in 21 post(s)
RE: PS3 games
Dead Rising 2 and the Jak and Daxter collection collection are good ideas (I have all the Jak games on PS2, so I can say to you that they're great games ^_^), but I think you should also get L.A. Noire, Portal 2 and Disgaea. Also, Battlefield 3 is a good idea, and if you can wait a little, you could buy Black Ops 2.

Also, if you're in that sort of thing, there's the "Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus HD Pack" that you can buy.
07-08-2012 09:56 PM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Got L.A. Noire and I got Portal 2 on Steam, Disgaea I am sadly not a big fighter fan nor am I a FPS fan on consoles (I REALLY blow on fps console games) And I have been contemplating the SotC HD collection along with Journey Collection whenever that comes out.
Thanks for the input =]

*Edit*
Well color me stupid, I rechecked Disgaea and that it looks like a tactical RPG game. Derp; well I may check that out later but do I need to play the previous games to understand the story?
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 10:36 PM by Xannidel.)
07-08-2012 10:32 PM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
(07-08-2012 10:32 PM)Xannidel Wrote:  Got L.A. Noire and I got Portal 2 on Steam, Disgaea I am sadly not a big fighter fan nor am I a FPS fan on consoles (I REALLY blow on fps console games) And I have been contemplating the SotC HD collection along with Journey Collection whenever that comes out.
Thanks for the input =]

*Edit*
Well color me stupid, I rechecked Disgaea and that it looks like a tactical RPG game. Derp; well I may check that out later but do I need to play the previous games to understand the story?

Only if you like to see re-occurring characters then yeah but not if you want something good to play and don't care about the story.

PS3 games worth checking out:
Devil May Cry HD Collection
God War War HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Shadow of the Colossus and ICO HD Collection
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3
Heavy Rain
Siren Blood Curse
Journey
Flow
Flower
The Heist (Not a hard FPS)
Final Fantasy (apart from 14)
The Witcher 2
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Catherine
Alice: Madness Returns
Guitar Hero series
Portal 2
Dead Space Heart
GTA IV
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Lost Planet
Burnout Paradise
DoDonPachi

Quick list. But all good.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 01:10 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
07-09-2012 12:24 AM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Devil May Cry HD Collection (planning on getting)
God War War HD Collection (got)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (planning on getting)
Shadow of the Colossus and ICO HD Collection (planning on getting)
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 (got)
Heavy Rain (first game i got for the PS3 XD)
Siren Blood Curse (Did not really like the first Siren game so I am hesitant to get this one)
Journey------\
Flow---------- These are all coming out on a special collection (Forget if it is HD or not)
Flower-------/
The Heist (Not a hard FPS) (I might check this out)
Final Fantasy (apart from 14) (I got 13)
The Witcher 2 (not on PS3 sadly)
Bioshock (got it and 2)
Mass Effect (got 2 and 3, great games)
Catherine (got it but you know me too well)
Alice: Madness Returns (Hmmm this is one that I forgot about)
Guitar Hero series (ehhhhh)
Portal 2 (got it on Steam)
Dead Space (got it)
GTA IV (never was a big fan of the GTA series)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Hmm maybe)
Lost Planet (this is a series I have been unsure of getting)
Burnout Paradise (is this a sandbox game or racing?)
DoDonPachi (Never heard of this one so I have to look this one up)

I have over 45 PS3 games and did not think listing which ones I own would be helpful (if anything I felt that I would be showing off or something)

I do thank you for your input Bumblebee Big Grin
07-09-2012 12:31 AM
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

Given 82 thank(s) in 71 post(s)
LittleBigPlanet 2 is good with a bunch of friends. Also Infamous 1 and 2 are awesome so you have to check them out.
07-09-2012 01:05 AM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Got the InFamous games but the 2nd game freezes on me on one of the main missions so I kinda got fed up with it.
07-09-2012 02:59 AM
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
>PS3
>Games

This guy man, this guy.

Well, I don't have many PS3 games, only 2 exclusives I believe, both Uncharted.

But I'd say MGS4, and Heavy Rain are great games.
07-09-2012 06:00 AM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

I am anal about games with numbers (I gotta play them in chronological order) and from what I have heard this is no exception to the Metal Gear Solid series. I did buy the first MGS game on the PS1 and will hopefully continue playing it soon.
07-09-2012 10:46 AM
Duago Offline

Given 13 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
(07-09-2012 10:46 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  I am anal about games with numbers (I gotta play them in chronological order) and from what I have heard this is no exception to the Metal Gear Solid series. I did buy the first MGS game on the PS1 and will hopefully continue playing it soon.

That's actually the best situation to be in with that series because now if you beat 1, you can get the Hd collection of 2, 3(includes metal gear and metal gear 2 for msx), and Peace walker(which is basically 5) and also play Mgs4.

In terms of suggestions, What genres do you enjoy? What do you like in games?
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 02:39 PM by Duago.)
07-09-2012 02:34 PM
legendary_mantis Offline

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
3D dot game heroes, white knight chronicles 2 (comes with the first game, get a new copy if you want to play online) demons souls, dark souls, heavenly sword, Devil may cry HD, DMC4, Little big planet 1 &/or 2, Metal gear solid HD collection, MGS4, Mod Nation Racers, MAG, Ratchet and Clank HD collection (out now in Europe, fall for North America)Ratchet and clank future series, resistance series, Soul calibur 4 and/or 5, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Valkyria Chronicles (good lukc with that one, it's fucking rare. I wa lucky to find a copy use. for $40. after being released for 3 years.) dead space 1 and 2, brutal legend (especially if you like early metal, and mocking the stereotypical metal head scene.),killzone 2 and 3 and Just Cause 2.

For download titles:
Lumines supernova, Hard Corps. Uprising (spiritual successor to Contra) Journey, Flower, Renegade Ops, Dead Nation, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for booty(physical copy available in Europe)
07-09-2012 03:33 PM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
Xannidel Offline
Banned

(07-09-2012 02:34 PM)Duago Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:46 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  snip

That's actually the best situation to be in with that series because now if you beat 1, you can get the Hd collection of 2, 3(includes metal gear and metal gear 2 for msx), and Peace walker(which is basically 5) and also play Mgs4.

In terms of suggestions, What genres do you enjoy? What do you like in games?

My favorite genres are action games with some RPG elements, I am not a big FPS fan and I suck at them really bad on consoles. I really should beat some more games before I buy more like the God of War HD collection. The only fighting game that I am looking forward to is the Playstation Battle Royal.

(07-09-2012 03:33 PM)legendary_mantis Wrote:  3D dot game heroes, white knight chronicles 2 (comes with the first game, get a new copy if you want to play online) demons souls, dark souls, heavenly sword, Devil may cry HD, DMC4, Little big planet 1 &/or 2, Metal gear solid HD collection, MGS4, Mod Nation Racers, MAG, Ratchet and Clank HD collection (out now in Europe, fall for North America)Ratchet and clank future series, resistance series, Soul calibur 4 and/or 5, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Valkyria Chronicles (good lukc with that one, it's fucking rare. I wa lucky to find a copy use. for $40. after being released for 3 years.) dead space 1 and 2, brutal legend (especially if you like early metal, and mocking the stereotypical metal head scene.),killzone 2 and 3 and Just Cause 2.

For download titles:
Lumines supernova, Hard Corps. Uprising (spiritual successor to Contra) Journey, Flower, Renegade Ops, Dead Nation, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for booty(physical copy available in Europe)

I thought about 3D dot but I played a little of White Knight Chronicles 1 at my friends and it was boring to say the least. Got Demons souls and will probably never get Dark Souls just because I am a wuss. Heavenly Sword looks sort of like a generic hack and slash beat em up similar to God of War or Devil May Cry, planning on getting the DMC HD collection along with 4 later on down the road. Bought LBP 1 but I dunno if I will get the 2nd one too. The MGS series I am SLOWLY starting to get into via 1 on the PS1. Not a big racing fan sadly and not a huge FPS fan either. That HD collection DOES look great (I really missed out on some good PS2 games when I was younger). Resistance is one of the rare FPS series that I will play and I did enjoy them all. The SC series I am on the fense about because while not as big of an anal problem with this series, I just wanna play them all in order from 1 to 5 and right now 1 on the Dreamcast is all I can play in the series and stand. I tried UMvC3 at a friends house and was so confused on the controls and lack of noob friendly tutorials so I gave up. I actually own VC and it is pretty good sadly I blow at it so it is pretty rough to watch me play it. I got DS1 but I highly doubt that I will get DS2 or 3 because of the way EA has changed the series. Brutal Legend was amazing and fun as hell, really wish people gave it more of a chance. I bought Killzone 2 and the controls are so foreign to me Tongue and Just Cause 2 looked interesting to say the least.
I do not like downloading games but I do plan on getting the Journey collection that does include Flower and Flow and depending on if I enjoy the Ratchet and Clank HD collection then I will also buy the newer games of the series.

Thank you both for your input, it was greatly appreciated. =]
07-09-2012 08:46 PM
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
If you haven't already, I would greatly suggest the Ratchet and Clank series. Any of those games are good.
07-10-2012 04:26 AM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
(07-09-2012 06:00 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  >PS3
>Games

This guy man, this guy.

I chuckled.
07-10-2012 04:54 AM
Duago Offline

Given 13 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
"My favorite genres are action games with some RPG elements, I am not a big FPS fan and I suck at them really bad on consoles. I really should beat some more games before I buy more like the God of War HD collection. The only fighting game that I am looking forward to is the Playstation Battle Royal."

Alright well i suggest you shouldn't neglect the OTHER god of war collection on ps3 God of war: Origins collection. it has both of the psp games on it and they are actually quite good, especially Ghost of Sparta which has important kratos backstory. I suggest you grab Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4. They are fairly cheap used, and it solves your number problem because Yakuza 3 has optional videos at the beginning explaining the story of the first two games. Subtitled though so watch that if you cant handle it.

Deus Ex:HR is kind of a sticking point because you say you like action and rpg elements which it has in spades but it also is usually from a first person perspective. This video is a breakdown of the differences between tackling the game like a shooter and tackling it like a stealth game.

I'll second (or third) ratchet. Crack in time is glorious. Some of the most inventive weapons ever.

I'll also throw down Enslaved, Action game loosely based on Journey to the west. Pretty solid.

Folklore, Arpg by Game Republic for Sony where you collect "folk" strange creatures to use as your attacks

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow, Atmosphere like no other. Lots of people complained that it isnt a metroidvania type game and that its combat is too much lke god of war but in my opinion it is just an actually true callback to the Castlevanias of old. Sequel and spinoff this fall so good timing.

Mirrors edge, First person platformer basically. You can avoid shooting entirely if you wish.

Darksiders, Again very God of War-like combat but layered over a very Zelda-like dungeon, exploration and equipment systems. Sequel is out soon also.

P.S. Most of these should be cheap because they are decently aged.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 09:39 AM by Duago.)
07-10-2012 09:37 AM