Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dust 514 beta (PS3 exclusive)
legendary_mantis Offline

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Dust 514 beta (PS3 exclusive)
Anyone else in the beta? Or plan to play it when it's released?

I got in and it's obviously buggy, but looking passed the bugs, it seems it's going to be a pretty solid game.

If you don't know what it is, it's and FPS. And supposedly when it's released it will have a slight RTS function. When you die, you lose what ever was equiped on your clone. That sounds awful right? It really isn't. Everything is pretty cheap. After 1 battle you'll have enough ISK (currency) to re-purchase the amount of stuff you lost.

Now, the COOLEST thing about this game when it's out, is that EVE players will be able to send out the Dust 514 players on contracts. This part I'm really excited for. Since the people that will send you out will possibly pay for your gear! Either using the in game money, or AUR (bought currency)

The full release of this game just sounds fantastic!
07-06-2012 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
black_seabass Offline

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
RE: Dust 514 beta (PS3 exclusive)
I played it last weekend. I liked it for what it is. I can't wait till the bugs are ironed out and all the features will be available. I might be playing this weekend. see you around.
07-06-2012 07:35 PM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
If I get into the BETA we should get some games going.
07-07-2012 12:06 AM
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

Given 82 thank(s) in 71 post(s)
I want to. I think its really cool how EVE/Dust players can fire at each other mid game. As well as in-game purchases only cost .20. (But then lose it once you die)
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 12:13 AM by Mr.Katana.)
07-07-2012 12:10 AM
legendary_mantis Offline

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
(07-06-2012 07:35 PM)black_seabass Wrote:  I played it last weekend. I liked it for what it is. I can't wait till the bugs are ironed out and all the features will be available. I might be playing this weekend. see you around.

Well if you end up seeing Legendary Mantis as the character name running around with a shot gun or just crashing into people with a Drop Ship... That was me Big Grin

(07-07-2012 12:06 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  If I get into the BETA we should get some games going.

Well you're gunna have to wait. I believe beta is ending soon. It is kind of a good thing for me though. It will wipe all characters and I know I fucked up my main. But yeah, we should totally get a few of the DYKG members to play it and have some fun. If I can borrow my friends dazzle (or get an HD PVR soon) I'll record the fights.

(07-07-2012 12:10 AM)Mr.Katana Wrote:  I want to. I think its really cool how EVE/Dust players can fire at each other mid game. As well as in-game purchases only cost .20. (But then lose it once you die)

Yeah! Though most AUR items are cosmetic. Though some guns you can get early because of AUR. Like this one shotgun I have. It's a slightly less effective model of an Advanced model Shotgun. I think the difference between the Advanced model and the Less effective model is the fire speed and reload speed. BUT GOD DAMN IS IT A FAST RELOAD!
07-07-2012 01:15 AM