Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: What do you think of The Amazing Spiderman video game?
It's Awesome!
Could be better.
Hate it.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Amazing Spider-man
Chomp Offline
is ready.

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
The Amazing Spider-man
Has anyone played the new Amazing Spider-man? What do you think of it?

Honestly it's the first Spiderman since Spiderman 1 on the N64 that I've enjoyed. I think the mechanics feel pretty good and the story itself is pretty solid. I know the game is super easy since it's based off a movie and meant mainly for family, but still I really enjoy it.

What about you guys?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 08:43 AM by Chomp.)
07-03-2012 08:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beardy
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
RE: The Amazing Spider-man
I'm really curious about this. It looks like it could buck the usual trend of movie tie-ins being awful. It's forty five quid on the Xbox though. D'you get a lot of game for your money?
07-03-2012 08:25 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Chomp Offline
is ready.

There's actually a lot to do in it. It's open world so aside from the main story there are tons of other things you can do. Lots of different side missions, collectables, etc.

Some of the side missions include stopping police chases, this thing called XTreme where you do stunt challenges, stopping bank robberies, taking infected people to quarantine zones, etc. There are about 700 comic collectables, and inside each mission you do there are extra things you can do like taking photographs of certain events, collecting tech pieces for upgrades, magazines, etc.

You also upgrade your character and can get new costumes. It's fun.
07-03-2012 08:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lethal Offline
Fully Grown Spartan

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Ive never bought a Spiderman game since Spiderman 1 on PS2.

That game was pretty awesome
07-03-2012 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beardy
Unregistered

You reckon it's a game that you'll return to? Just for the fun of fannying about in it? I can see the draw of a decent Spiderman mechanic being pretty compulsive.
07-03-2012 08:41 AM
Chomp Offline
is ready.

(07-03-2012 08:41 AM)Beardy Wrote:  You reckon it's a game that you'll return to? Just for the fun of fannying about in it? I can see the draw of a decent Spiderman mechanic being pretty compulsive.
It's a game I'd definitely consider replaying. I still replay Spiderman 1 on N64 and this one is really pretty good.
07-03-2012 08:42 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

I didn't mind Shattered Dimensions, actually. But then I picked it up second-hand and it was really cheap, so I had kind of adjusted my expectations accordingly. For the price I'd expect a full-on Arkham Asylum of a game. I might wait and pick it up second-hand. I do really wanna play it though.
07-03-2012 08:48 AM
Chomp Offline
is ready.

(07-03-2012 08:48 AM)Beardy Wrote:  I didn't mind Shattered Dimensions, actually. But then I picked it up second-hand and it was really cheap, so I had kind of adjusted my expectations accordingly. For the price I'd expect a full-on Arkham Asylum of a game. I might wait and pick it up second-hand. I do really wanna play it though.
It is a lot like Arkham Asylum, just Spiderman and brighter haha.
07-03-2012 08:54 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(07-03-2012 08:54 AM)Chomp Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 08:48 AM)Beardy Wrote:  I didn't mind Shattered Dimensions, actually. But then I picked it up second-hand and it was really cheap, so I had kind of adjusted my expectations accordingly. For the price I'd expect a full-on Arkham Asylum of a game. I might wait and pick it up second-hand. I do really wanna play it though.

You've rekindled my interest, ma'am. Is it as big as Arkham Asylum?
07-03-2012 09:03 AM
Alex Offline
Heisenberg

Given 10 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
waiting on a demo. if it's anything like spiderman 2 for the last generation of consoles i'm all over it.
07-03-2012 09:05 AM
Chomp Offline
is ready.

(07-03-2012 09:03 AM)Beardy Wrote:  

It's pretty big. I don't think it's as big, but still worth trying out.
07-03-2012 09:10 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(07-03-2012 09:10 AM)Chomp Wrote:  

Sorely tempted. I traded in my Wii lately, so I've got a bit of credit to spunk on games. Hm, you're a Spiderman temptress, damn you.
07-03-2012 09:13 AM
Chomp Offline
is ready.

(07-03-2012 09:13 AM)Beardy Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 09:10 AM)Chomp Wrote:  

Sorely tempted. I traded in my Wii lately, so I've got a bit of credit to spunk on games. Hm, you're a Spiderman temptress, damn you.
lol. I try. Tongue
07-03-2012 09:14 AM
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

Given 82 thank(s) in 71 post(s)
It looks not too bad from what I have seen. The combat looks alot like Batman Arkham Aslyum/City which isn't bad at all and the story doesn't look too bad. I may pick it up.
07-03-2012 10:02 AM
Melirune Offline
Necromantic Subjugator

Given 49 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
So far I think the best Spidey game I've played is Web of Shadows, followed closely by Shattered Dimensions.

This one looks pretty good, I'm excited to try it out.
07-03-2012 10:06 AM