Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Mega Man boss/stage?
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
Favorite Mega Man boss/stage?
Mega Man is iconic for its "x-man" (pun intended) bosses and stages designed around them, what's your favorite, for the stage, boss battle and Weapon you get from defeating them?
This is mainly for the core Mega Man games and Mega Man X games. Mine would have to be Crash Man from Mega Man 2 oddly enough. He was a tough battle, fun stage, fun weapon, and a great challenge.
06-29-2012 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

Given 82 thank(s) in 71 post(s)
RE: Favorite Mega Man boss/stage?
Alpha or Bass.EXE in Megaman Battle Network 3. Boss fights seemed so fun due to the chip system that they had.

For the actual games, it would be Vile from Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. Felt rewarding to finally get him.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2012 09:40 AM by Mr.Katana.)
06-29-2012 09:40 AM
Nicknclank Offline
The Strategist

Given 28 thank(s) in 21 post(s)
(06-29-2012 09:40 AM)Mr.Katana Wrote:  Alpha or Bass.EXE in Megaman Battle Network 3. Boss fights seemed so fun due to the chip system that they had.

Dang, I was gonna say THAT!

It was one hell of a battle to defeat Alpha. The only way I could is by turning Megaman into a special type of suit (the electric suit to be exact: it fires it's blaster faster then all of the other classes). I felt the kind of urgency when battling the boss: I didn't have an unlimited number of chips, so I had to make every one of them count, but if you don't hit the boss regularly, it would make a sort of shield around it. SO frustrating >_<. But so fun ^_^
06-29-2012 12:10 PM
dastardly Offline

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
That's a tough one.

My favorites are probably... Charge Man's stage from MM5, Flame Man from MM6, and the first Wily castle stage in MM10. That was truly epic.
06-29-2012 12:59 PM
Mr.Katana Offline
Two Tickets to Paradise

Given 82 thank(s) in 71 post(s)
(06-29-2012 12:10 PM)Nicknclank Wrote:  
(06-29-2012 09:40 AM)Mr.Katana Wrote:  Alpha or Bass.EXE in Megaman Battle Network 3. Boss fights seemed so fun due to the chip system that they had.

Dang, I was gonna say THAT!

It was one hell of a battle to defeat Alpha. The only way I could is by turning Megaman into a special type of suit (the electric suit to be exact: it fires it's blaster faster then all of the other classes). I felt the kind of urgency when battling the boss: I didn't have an unlimited number of chips, so I had to make every one of them count, but if you don't hit the boss regularly, it would make a sort of shield around it. SO frustrating >_<. But so fun ^_^

I know right? The chip system made me think like crazy just for a boss battle and inevitably lose because I didn't do it right. Btw. Do you know if the other Battle Networks are any good? I sorta want to go through them all.
06-29-2012 01:18 PM
dop Offline

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Favorite Robot Master stages for music: Gemini Man / Flame Man / Solar Man
For the boss's visual design: Star Man / Shadow Man / Sheep Man
Most memorable fight mechanics wise: Metal Man

The entire Wily Fortress of MM10 is astounding, really. The introductory segment with the brooding music leading into the first fortress boss (with some of the best MM boss music ever) and then that following up to the rocking Wily Fortress 1 music is one of the most memorable aural sequences of the series. Wily Fortress 2's music is pretty great, too.
06-29-2012 01:24 PM