Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bomberman - odd cheat?
Quto Offline

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Bomberman - odd cheat?
I don't really know if this would be fascinating or not, but hear me out for a second.

Between the two games, Bomberman GB and Bomberman Pocket, they both share a common yet odd relationship.

Bomberman GB is the basic bomberman where you plant bombs, break blocks and get power-ups. Though with the defeat of each stage boss, you get a special upgrade; While Pocket Bomberman is nothing more but a platformer with the same principle as bomberman GB.
Both games include a password feature to allow you to jump to certain levels since the GameBoy cartridges never saved your progress, however there is a cheat code that gives you all the upgrades between both of these games.

Between both games, this is the big cheat code between the two to gain all power ups and upgrades without trying. I've tried my hand at a little research to try and find the programmers who had a hand in programming both games and see if its a repeating pattern...

While I don't really have any proof as too why, I think its an interesting thought to pt into consideration.
01-22-2013 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Quto Offline

RE: Bomberman - odd cheat?
I know I'm double posting, but I've brought a little more information.

I still have not ever found any other interesting facts except the another code, 5656 appears to either unlock another feature in the gb game, act as a cheat code in pocket and as something in the SNES games.

I'm feel a little disappointed because I now think there could be no major coincidence, however it just still bothers me how there is a repeat patteren in pass codes in these old games.

I can feel something is there, but I got nothing; and with college on my trail, I can't go deeper to research this anymore than I can now.

If anyone wants to lock up the topic, discard/delete or destroy it in the most bizarre ways possible, they may.
01-24-2013 07:55 PM
DidYouKnowGaming Offline
Administrator

Given 156 thank(s) in 100 post(s)
Seems like they're likely just generic numbers being reused. Post again if you find out anything significant.
01-25-2013 10:09 PM
Quto Offline

I took the time to hit up wikipedia, game-faqs among several other sites....

I won't post here again on this matter, however your right, they were generic numbers being reused.

Still, it was a bothersome thing; such as why reuse the same code pattern for password required Bomberman games?

Aside from this, I did learn something interesting; Pocket Bomberman has no programmer information.

I mean, I took the cheat code that jumped me to the final boss and final cutscene both, looking for credits. There were no credits to display who programmed the game or anything. The only information I got out of the whole thing were the music composers which you can find on GameFaqs, but that's it.

Sorry to waste everyone's time, its just an abnormality I thought would be interesting to look at.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 01:30 PM by Quto.)
01-28-2013 01:29 PM