Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Game of Thrones RPG review!
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
My Game of Thrones RPG review!
Hello everyone! Just received my Game of Thrones RPG for PS3 and I am completely shocked at how awesome the game is, reading and watching reviews made it out to be this horrible piece of crap but I am happy to say that every reviewer is full of shit. I will agree that the graphics could have been better but SO WHAT! How many people play the game for the graphics when the gameplay is just as much fun? The plot is pretty interesting so far and I hear the voice acting was bad? They had THREE voice actors from the freaking TV show come in and use BOTH their voices AND they made the character models just like the actors. How many video games based on tv shows/movies use even ONE voice actor?
The combat is a little odd at first but playing around with it you start to get a feel for it. During conversations you do have choices and what you pick will affect your game later on. The interesting thing for me was when you start your characters you have to "balance" them with these lists of passives and some are good and some are bad and you have to pick which ones you want but for every good passive picked you have to pick a bad passive (or more) that add up to that good passive (Don't worry there are little circles to help indicate how many good/bad passives you need to pick to get balanced).

If you are a Game of Thrones fan then I would suggest you pick this up and give it a shot. I have not tried the other Game of Thrones game but i am starting to think it is also not as bad as other people make it out to be.

I think the problem is that reviewers are spoiled by AAA games so when a smaller company (this team is like 30-36 members) comes in with a good game, they get shit on because it is not up to par with other games that had 100s of people work and test their game. Hell more AAA games are nothing more then sequels or prequels now a day so they are not even ORIGINAL. I know a video game based off a TV show is not as original either but at least this game tries to stray off the TV shows path to form it's own unique story.

I can go into more detail if need be.
12-20-2012 06:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arjahn
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
RE: My Game of Thrones RPG review!
(12-20-2012 06:15 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  I can go into more detail if need be.

Please do - A review from someone I know and trust speaks way louder than paid online reviewers, the alliegances of whom are not always impartial.
12-20-2012 12:27 PM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
Berry Offline
The Senior Starman

Given 94 thank(s) in 74 post(s)
If i may be so obliged,What is your Verdict?
12-20-2012 01:11 PM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Well let's see what else I can talk about. Okay potions: You get 4 slots for potions HOWEVER you have to BUY the vials AND the potions separately and those vials actually cost quite a lot. The potions have 3 uses so that helps reassure players that the money is well spent.

The camera CAN be pretty fast when you are moving around (the camera is in a 3rd person view from what I recall)

There is no restart chapter feature so if you get screwed then there you are. I am screwed right now cause of this random ambush and I have no more uses of a healing potion.

The 2 characters you play as have different abilities:
Mors is with the men at the Wall and he has a dog (he is a skinchanger) so he has the ability to sniff out 'scents' of good or bad people PLUS these other scents that lead to hidden items and weapons you could not find with Mors alone.

Alester is with the red priests from the Free Relms across the sea. He has the ability to see hidden switches and what not but so far nothing else which REALLY lets me down because you get sent to the red keep and go through this labyrinth of dungeons which would have been an AWESOME time to implement some trick walls or hidden loot but nope, you only use this ability to open up walls to progress the story.

Combat is also a little troubling, on the PS3 if you want to change which enemy to attack you have to use the D-pad on the left of the controlled BUT if there are enemies in between you and that enemy then you WILL get stuck. I was in a fight and I wanted to attack the archers and my character got stuck between 2 enemies while the archer went to town on me and then I died.

Please ask what else you want me to go into detail about.

One final time from me is this: Make a separate save at the beginning of each chapter. I am on Chapter 5 and I am F'ed ATM so I should have made 2 saves and only re-saved over one of the files.

I am enjoying the game but now that I am stuck it is getting frustrated.
12-20-2012 10:20 PM
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
(12-20-2012 12:27 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(12-20-2012 06:15 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  I can go into more detail if need be.

Please do - A review from someone I know and trust speaks way louder than paid online reviewers, the alliegances of whom are not always impartial.

Illuminati
IGlluminati
IGllumiNati
IGN

[Image: mind_blown.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2012 09:56 AM by Arjahn.)
12-25-2012 09:55 AM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Please I am not even a good reviewer so don't rank me up with those hacks.
12-25-2012 12:45 PM