Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Fenian's Random DYKG
Darkfenian Offline

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Dark Fenian's Random DYKG
This is some random DYKG that I thought would be worth sharing. I'll add more later when I find (or remember) more.

Soul Caliber
The main reason Raphael is left-handed is because left handed people are consider to have an advantage in fencing.

Raphael is a French noble with a French last name but he has an Italian first name, an English rapier with a German name (Flambert), and his theme song from SC 2 uses a Spanish guitar.

Most of Raphael’s sword style is based on sabre rather than actual rapier styles.

Raphael’s outfit in SC 4 resembles Alucard from Castlevania

Li-Long’s name resembles Bruce Lee’s Chinese name Li Xiao Long.

Seong’s weapon is called a Zambatou but it is nothing like the real weapon. A Zambatou is a gigantic polearm used for anti-cavalry. It was so big it was used by two people at once using coordinated movements. This one may not be true but I remember distinctly reading about this. Back when Ruroni Kenshin was on Toonami there was a guy that used a weapon called a Zambatou but it was a sword and was called the largest sword ever made. When I looked it up I found that but now I can't find it again.

Stadium Events
The North American Stadium Events is considered the rarest NES game (rarer than Nintendo World Championships). Fewer than 20 copies are known to exist and are valued over $30,000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Events

Swordquest (Atari 2600)
Atari hosted a video game competition that was centralized by the Swordquest games. For beating the one of the games and submitting the results a person would be invited to one of the competitions. Winners of the competitions would earn a prize which was valued over $10,000 (Back in the '80s).
  • Earthworld: A gold medallion with every birthstone. In the center was a sword made of white gold.
  • Fireworld: A platinum chalice with a gold handle and inlaid with rubies, sapphires, other precious stones.
  • Waterworld: A solid gold crown inlaid with precious stones like rubies, sapphires, etc.
  • Airworld: The Philosopher stone which was a white jade placed in a gold and silver box also inlaid with precious gems.

Swordquest Treasures (Click to View)

The winners of the each competition would meet in another match to win the sword of ultimate sorcery. It was a sword with a silver blade, gold hilt, inlaid with precious gems and valued over $100,000.

Sword Photograph (Click to View)

During the Waterworld release the 1986 video game crash and the competition was cancelled. Airworld was never made and the remaining prizes were never released. The whereabouts of the crown, philosopher stone, or the sword of ultimate sorcery remain a mystery to this day.

Baulder's Gate II: Shadow of Amn
In the Adventure's Mart there is two portraits. One reading as...

"This is a painting of one of a group of young adventurers from long ago, this one a ranger... all of whom were attempting to return to their homeland far away. Word has it they died horribly at the hand of the dragon, Tiamat."

and the other...

"Another painting of a party of young adventurers from long ago, this one a diminutive barbarian. Rumour has it that this barbarian had a pet unicorn smaller than he... also swallowed by Tiamat, it is presumed."

If you look closely at the pictures they're Hank and Bobby from the '80s kids cartoon Dungeon's and Dragons.
http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.com/20...f-amn.html
11-27-2012 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply