Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The part where Snake rages.
Snake3324 Offline

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
The part where Snake rages.
So this week was spirit week. Today was the last day as we had a pep rally in the gym at the end of the day. Now we have our games as we see who can get the class cup. Now I must admit it was pretty cool to watch everyone do stuff, but there is one thing that pisses me off. Our school is all about sports. AverageGuy can you tell you that our principal is all about the sports, always making announcements about sport related events. They even have each sport team walk into the gym during the pep rally while they got some fresh funky hippidy hoppidy music playing.

The problem? They don't give a rat's ass about the music department, the people, who like in a song we're singing for caberet, working, slaving everyday. The band kids have to do a shit ton of practice for marching band, usually staying after school till evening practicing their songs. All of this practicing is paid off as they win every single competition. They won states last year, and the regional competition. They're undefeated for about a year or so, and they just won their last competition.

While all the sports people (Who would have to suck a dick so they could actually win a game, seriously football didn't even win at all last year) are walking in, getting all this cheer, choir sits around in the corners, and even on the ground. Marching band doesn't even get to group and walk in, they just go and sit down. And now, finally, FINALLY, after so many years of waiting, they get one small anouncement during pep rally with a girl who said "Congrats on band winning their last game." That was it. Why now? They went undefeated last year, and no announcement. None. And now we just get a small congrats by some girl and get half assed praise. Do you know how fucking hard it is to play those instruments and memorize all that stuff? It's pretty fucking hard, I was in band for a while and it was pretty challenging.

The point is is that I'm pissed that our school is all about the sports teams (Half of which aren't all that good, and the people who are on the sports teams are mostly assholes), while the music people get absolutely no praise.

On top of it all, I have cold. I'm sneezing and sniffling like no tomorrow, so much that I'm miss clicking when playing League of Legends, causing me to dive into the enemy, when it's a terrible idea to do so.

And my Vince is hogging the Ps3. GOD DAMN IT WE GOT DISHONORED AND I WANT TO PLAY IT!
10-13-2012 06:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
RE: The part where Snake rages.
Welcome to pretty much every school ever. They bum-drool over sports, and give a big "fuck-you" to the arts.
10-13-2012 10:07 PM
 Thanks given by: Arjahn , Berry
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
Chess club no get float, but ball team get 3 float...
Chess player need float float too Sad
10-14-2012 11:36 AM
Ouberry_13 Offline
The Mad Mage

Given 110 thank(s) in 86 post(s)
Ah, the wonderfully convoluted-ness that is school funding. They give so much money and time to the sports teams and barely any to the more academic or intellectual things. Makes people wonder why the schools in the US are such shit right now.
10-14-2012 01:18 PM