Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zelda 2014 Details - (Unconfirmed)
Kai Offline
Traveller

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Zelda 2014 Details - (Unconfirmed)
Saw this on another website so I thought I'd post it here.

Apparently details from a reliable source broke concerning the upcoming Wii U Zelda game and it's going to be massive.

Link to the full article here.

Quote:The first bit of information concerns the visual style of the game. Many Zelda fans are hoping for a darker, Twilight Princes-like Zelda on the Wii U, but it looks like Nintendo is sticking to most recent Zelda art style, found in Skyward Sword. “Nintendo is sticking to the core values of Zelda, while trying to appeal to a wide range of gamers, casual and hardcore”, our source told us, adding, “They feel they’ve found the sweet spot with Skyward Sword, and they’re continuing this approach with the Wii U Zelda game”.

Quote:The new Wii U Zelda will feature “about the same amount of dungeons as previous Zelda games, but these will be vastly bigger in scope and will be totally different from each other. Some dungeons are so big they’re broken up in 3 parts and will literally take hours to complete”. The Wii U Zelda game will also “have mini-games and side quests, but these are still on the drawing board”.

Quote:[...] it’ll be in full HD with much improved quality compared to what we saw on the Wii. “They’re using a new, state of the art engine that’s being built from ground up in parallel with the game. It’s got the most advanced visual features Nintendo has ever made, and includes a lot of third party tech like Havok for physics and rendering middleware from Umbra

Those are just a couple of points from the article. So what do you guys think?
09-05-2012 07:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
RE: Zelda 2014 Details - (Unconfirmed)
Well butter my rump and call me toast - can't wait for this to come out
09-05-2012 08:09 AM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
Well they aren't holding back for the next gen Zelda game if this is confirmed. Now we just need a new 3DS Zelda title and then we will be golden.
09-05-2012 08:18 AM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
I will probably get this one. I've never really gotten into LoZ, but this sounds too good to pass.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 08:29 AM by Zaliphone.)
09-05-2012 08:29 AM
Beware of Cuccos Offline
Forum Grandma

Given 134 thank(s) in 95 post(s)
No shit, I was JUST about to post this exact article.
09-05-2012 10:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
A Zombie Riot Offline
Teh Zombie Master

Given 229 thank(s) in 189 post(s)
Please be true. Please be true. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BE TRUE.
09-05-2012 10:12 AM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
Beware of Cuccos Offline
Forum Grandma

Given 134 thank(s) in 95 post(s)
The article makes it sound pretty legit. I'm hoping it's so big, it takes months to complete, so it seems like it's neverending. That's a big part of why Zelda is my favorite series. They seem to go on forever.
09-05-2012 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gardocki Offline
Best In The World!

Given 26 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
If they don't have full voice acting in the game, Nintendo can go F themselves with this. I don't care how massive or groundbreaking the game is promising to be (and that article to me sounds very fanboyish by the way), if they don't have voice acting for a game that is looking to appear on the same level as Skyrim, it'll be a big fucking fail. There's absolutely no reason why the last Zelda game didn't have voice acting (and don't give me that "it's the charm of the game" bullshit either), making another game without voice acting is a huge mistake.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 01:27 PM by Gardocki.)
09-05-2012 01:26 PM
LoneWanderer Offline
Raiden Blackwood

Given 42 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
I'm so excited...can't really hide it.
09-05-2012 06:24 PM
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
(09-05-2012 01:26 PM)Gardocki Wrote:  If they don't have full voice acting in the game, Nintendo can go F themselves with this. I don't care how massive or groundbreaking the game is promising to be (and that article to me sounds very fanboyish by the way), if they don't have voice acting for a game that is looking to appear on the same level as Skyrim, it'll be a big fucking fail. There's absolutely no reason why the last Zelda game didn't have voice acting (and don't give me that "it's the charm of the game" bullshit either), making another game without voice acting is a huge mistake.

[Image: 26249865.jpg]
09-05-2012 09:50 PM
 Thanks given by: Moriatti
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
(09-05-2012 01:26 PM)Gardocki Wrote:  If they don't have full voice acting in the game, Nintendo can go F themselves with this. I don't care how massive or groundbreaking the game is promising to be (and that article to me sounds very fanboyish by the way), if they don't have voice acting for a game that is looking to appear on the same level as Skyrim, it'll be a big fucking fail. There's absolutely no reason why the last Zelda game didn't have voice acting (and don't give me that "it's the charm of the game" bullshit either), making another game without voice acting is a huge mistake.

Can you give a little more detail on why no voice-acting is a mistake? I think it's fine without it, they don't really need voices and I don't think anyone could properly be Link or Zelda. Just my opinion, though.
09-05-2012 10:09 PM
Stan Offline
Bow tie gentleman

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Maybe. But one does not SIMPLY make Link talk.
He speaks the same language as Gordon Freeman.
09-06-2012 03:41 AM
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
(09-05-2012 01:26 PM)Gardocki Wrote:  If they don't have voice acting for a game that is looking to appear on the same level as Skyrim, it'll be a big fucking fail.

Hold on, let me get this straight, you think that this Zelda game is on the same level of Skyrim in terms of what? I know it's not the map size and the amount of stuff you can do, but I don't really get what this part means.
09-06-2012 04:21 AM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
(09-06-2012 03:41 AM)Stan Wrote:  

Gordan Freeman doesn't shout or yell when swinging his crowbar...
09-06-2012 04:25 AM
Stan Offline
Bow tie gentleman

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
(09-06-2012 04:25 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  
(09-06-2012 03:41 AM)Stan Wrote:  

Gordan Freeman doesn't shout or yell when swinging his crowbar...

Maybe, but yells and shouts can't be considered a dialect.
09-06-2012 04:39 AM