Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential for Wii-U games on PS3
agentkuo Offline

Given 50 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Potential for Wii-U games on PS3
So it's kind of a long shot and a somewhat odd idea. But there's no denying that any game released for the Wii-U could, potentially, be ported to the PS3 (or created for both platforms).

The thing is, for the PS3 to play the games that the Wii-U has, it would require use of the PS3 along with the PSVita. You see what I mean? The PSVita can function the same way that the Wii-U's controller does.
So imagine playing ZombiU on PS3 using the PSVita as the controller.

I'm just saying it's a possibility. It probably isn't likely, but it's worth considering, I think. So what are your thoughts?

[Update]
Thinking about this again, Playstation just recently announced their "Cross Play" function with the PS3 and Vita (if you're not familiar with Cross Play, essentially, you buy a copy of the game on PS3 and you get a free copy for PSVita). This could, potentially, open up this as a much more realistic possibility (Since people who already have a PSVita would be the one's buying it).
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 03:37 AM by agentkuo.)
08-17-2012 03:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
RE: Potential for Wii-U games on PS3
I'm sure that some third-party developers will take advantage of something like that.
And when I first read on Cross Play I got pretty excited. I may actually get a Vita for that.
08-17-2012 03:43 AM
agentkuo Offline

(08-17-2012 03:43 AM)Zaliphone Wrote:  I'm sure that some third-party developers will take advantage of something like that.
And when I first read on Cross Play I got pretty excited. I may actually get a Vita for that.
I'm still a bit hesitant to buy a Vita as I don't feel it's game line-up is very strong at the moment. But I do plan on buying one in the future (probably after the price drop or redesign, if they do make a "slim" version.)

But I definitely think Cross Play would make it a lot more worthwhile to buy a Vita.
08-17-2012 03:48 AM
Gardocki Offline
Best In The World!

Given 26 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
Wii U games could be ported to the Xbox 360 as well, now that the 360 is getting the Smartglass app, and so many people these days have iPhones, Androids and iPads.

Of course it doesn't surprise anyone that Sony and Microsoft are rushing to get touch screen type controllers working on their systems. If you can create, imitate.
08-17-2012 03:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
agentkuo Offline

(08-17-2012 03:51 AM)Gardocki Wrote:  Wii U games could be ported to the Xbox 360 as well, now that the 360 is getting the Smartglass app, and so many people these days have iPhones, Androids and iPads.
Not quite. Smart Glass can't do what the PSVita or the Wii-U's controller can. It can only display. Unless you want to be playing a full-length title with a touch screen on a tablet, I really don't think SmartGlass is on par. In other words...Buttons and Analog Sticks aren't on tablets and phones.

Quote:Of course it doesn't surprise anyone that Sony and Microsoft are rushing to get touch screen type controllers working on their systems. If you can create, imitate.
Well, you know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
08-17-2012 04:05 AM
Gardocki Offline
Best In The World!

(08-17-2012 04:05 AM)agentkuo Wrote:  
(08-17-2012 03:51 AM)Gardocki Wrote:  Wii U games could be ported to the Xbox 360 as well, now that the 360 is getting the Smartglass app, and so many people these days have iPhones, Androids and iPads.

Not quite. Smart Glass can't do what the PSVita or the Wii-U's controller can. It can only display. Unless you want to be playing a full-length title with a touch screen on a tablet, I really don't think SmartGlass is on par. In other words...Buttons and Analog Sticks aren't on tablets and phones.

You can use the smartglass app on your phone while using a controller, that's the whole point of the smartglass app. So you've got your buttons, analog sticks, touchpad, and with the Kinect, all the motion controls you need.

So yeah, Sony and Microsoft are poised to rip Nintendo off again. At least this time it's not taking them years to figure out how.
08-17-2012 04:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
Games that heavily rely on the Wii-U peripheral will be hard to port, but if, as you say, they can use other peripherals like phones or tablet computers as secondary screens then I don't see why not !
08-17-2012 04:44 AM
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
This would be bad for Nintendo, since they made a console solely for that, and wanted games to be made for this type of system, if everyone can just use their tablet for games, and then Wii U ports will be on there, it'd be bad for the Wii U.
08-17-2012 05:54 AM
Gardocki Offline
Best In The World!

(08-17-2012 05:54 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  This would be bad for Nintendo, since they made a console solely for that, and wanted games to be made for this type of system, if everyone can just use their tablet for games, and then Wii U ports will be on there, it'd be bad for the Wii U.

I agree with this to a point. If the games are being tailor made for the Wii U first and foremost, there's a chance ports to other systems could end up with watered down controls, even if they are capable of handling the same control scheme. It'll be interesting to see what moves Nintendo makes if Sony and Microsoft push forward with the same idea.
08-17-2012 06:07 AM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
Not to mention if you were to port it to the PS3 and Xbox 360 they would look worse due to the WiiU being far more powerful. So then you'd also have to have a tablet that can support that also.
08-17-2012 08:11 AM
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
Eh, industries have been known to copy successful innovative new concepts in gaming, so I imagine they'll do it here too, but not with the PS3 or XBawx, if anything the next gen consoles will be doing it.
Oh, and this comic
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 08:29 AM by Arjahn.)
08-17-2012 08:29 AM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

(08-17-2012 08:29 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  Eh, industries have been known to copy successful innovative new concepts in gaming, so I imagine they'll do it here too, but not with the PS3 or XBawx, if anything the next gen consoles will be doing it.
Oh, and this comic

I swear I wrote that. It's so damn true! I've been saying that since Kinect(Natal)/Move. Sony and Microsoft finally caught up but Nintendo are like...*Trollface* motion gaming is outdated peeps
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 09:02 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
08-17-2012 09:02 AM
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
(08-17-2012 03:48 AM)agentkuo Wrote:  
(08-17-2012 03:43 AM)Zaliphone Wrote:  I'm sure that some third-party developers will take advantage of something like that.
I'm still a bit hesitant to buy a Vita as I don't feel it's game line-up is very strong at the moment. But I do plan on buying one in the future (probably after the price drop or redesign, if they do make a "slim" version.)

But I definitely think Cross Play would make it a lot more worthwhile to buy a Vita.

A price drop would definitely be ideal. Cross play has a ton of potential for people like me who live with quite a bit of people TV using people.
08-17-2012 09:12 AM
agentkuo Offline

(08-17-2012 09:12 AM)Zaliphone Wrote:  
(08-17-2012 03:48 AM)agentkuo Wrote:  

A price drop would definitely be ideal. Cross play has a ton of potential for people like me who live with quite a bit of people TV using people.
A price drop would definitely make this a much better possibility. Unfortunately, Sony said that there won't be one this year.

(08-17-2012 06:07 AM)Gardocki Wrote:  
(08-17-2012 05:54 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  This would be bad for Nintendo, since they made a console solely for that, and wanted games to be made for this type of system, if everyone can just use their tablet for games, and then Wii U ports will be on there, it'd be bad for the Wii U.

I agree with this to a point. If the games are being tailor made for the Wii U first and foremost, there's a chance ports to other systems could end up with watered down controls, even if they are capable of handling the same control scheme. It'll be interesting to see what moves Nintendo makes if Sony and Microsoft push forward with the same idea.
Nintendo would still lead the way in terms of these games, though.
As that's essentially what the console is made for. Even if it's something Sony and Microsoft can do, it's something Wii-U was meant to do.
Nintendo will also, obviously, have the support of first-party titles that wouldn't be ported to other consoles.

(08-17-2012 08:11 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Not to mention if you were to port it to the PS3 and Xbox 360 they would look worse due to the WiiU being far more powerful. So then you'd also have to have a tablet that can support that also.
The Wii-U is only more powerful than the XBox 360, not the PS3. Not to mention, the graphical capabilities of the Wii-U are only on par with and not better than the PS3 or XBox 360. So that really isn't an issue, at least for PS3. Maybe for XBox.
08-17-2012 10:46 AM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

@Agentkuo
It's a fact that the Wiiu is more powerful than the PS3...by around 70% more
1 2 3 4 5 Anyone who clearly says it's only a bit more powerful clearly doesn't know much about computer hardware D:
08-17-2012 10:55 AM