Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Smash Bros.
agentkuo Offline

Given 50 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Super Smash Bros.
Hey everyone. This is a topic that has a lot to be said about it. Super Smash Bros. Specifically the fact that two new SSB games are being made (one for the Wii-U and one for the 3DS).

The point of this topic is for me (and you) to discuss what you want to see happen with this upcoming release. Now, it has been said that they aren't trying to overwhelm the games with new stuff, but rather trying to focus on delivering a great SSB experience. Needless to say, it doesn't hurt to hope and dream. And they're almost certainly going to be putting in new stages, characters, items, etc. So what would you like to see?

This is what I'd like to see:
New Characters:
Paper Mario
-Not a farfetched idea at all. Toon Link is in the game, and other versions of Mario have been in the game already (Dr. Mario), but this one just makes a lot of sense. There's a ton of Paper Mario content to work with. Paper Mario also has very drastically defining characteristics that set him apart from regular Mario, so it wouldn't at all be like just another clone.

Updated Characters
Sonic
-Sonic's moveset was extremely bland in Brawl (most of his attacks looked exactly the same and did basically the same thing. He turned into a ball and hit the opponent. I would update him in a couple of ways.
For one, his Up + B (third jump), I would change to Tails picking him up and letting him fly for a brief moment. I would also give him his fire shield, Water Shield or Lightning shield from Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Or just give him some new moves.

New Stages
Paper Mario stage
Donkey Kong Country Returns stage

I'd also like to see them fix the gravity change back to how it was in Melee. (Everyone felt like a balloon in Brawl).

Not sure what else. What would you guys hope to see in the next SSB game?
08-13-2012 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
RE: Super Smash Bros.
So Sakurai (the creator of the game) has said in an interview that we shouldn't expect a lot of new characters. Apparently instead they're going to put more work into balancing the current ones and update their move-set. He also said he probably won't add more non-nintendo characters since then the game would lose the point of it.

It kind of saddens me that we can't expect a lot of new characters, but at least we might get name Tales Of- since Bamco is helping out with the game.

Good news is that he also said that they're working on getting every character that has been in the games before in this game. I might get my Dr. Mario back!
08-13-2012 04:28 PM
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
Travis Touchdown is greatly needed.

Anyhow, for the 3DS version I hope it looks similar to Melee, in terms of graphics, and is just like a less graphical handheld version of the Wii U version, and not just a different game entirely.
08-13-2012 05:42 PM
elizasteave Offline

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
I agree with Retrolinkx with the fact that Travis Touchdown is needed. Well, as such I would not like to have too much of changes in this upcoming game, except that I rarely like Dr. Mario as this is the character to whom I have never appreciated of too much.
08-13-2012 05:53 PM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

(08-13-2012 05:42 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:  Travis Touchdown is greatly needed.

Anyhow, for the 3DS version I hope it looks similar to Melee, in terms of graphics, and is just like a less graphical handheld version of the Wii U version, and not just a different game entirely.

To be honest I would probably look into it even if it was another kind of game. I trust Sakurai a lot more than I should when it comes to video games.
08-13-2012 06:40 PM
agentkuo Offline

Given 50 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Travis Touchdown would be excellent, although he's not a Nintendo character, so it's iffy whether or not he would be added in.

Dr. Mario I never really loved, but I definitely think if the fans want him back, he should come back. But if it was between him or Paper Mario, I would much rather see Paper Mario in there, since Dr. Mario is, like I was saying, basically just a clone of Mario.
08-13-2012 10:32 PM
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
If they brought EVERY character I would explode with happiness. I could finally play as MewTwo again!
08-13-2012 11:28 PM
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
Why can't they make a game for the regular DS !
I don't want to be penalised just because I don't want my characters to pop out of my screen

Also bring in several Pokémon as playable characters Smile
08-14-2012 12:10 AM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

(08-14-2012 12:10 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  Why can't they make a game for the regular DS !
I don't want to be penalised just because I don't want my characters to pop out of my screen

It would be weird to make a game for a last gen console. 3DS is a lot more than just 3D.

It has also already been confirmed that Smash Bros. for 3DS won't make use of the 3D function. So you can take it easy.
08-14-2012 12:55 AM
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
(08-14-2012 12:55 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  
(08-14-2012 12:10 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  Why can't they make a game for the regular DS !

It would be weird to make a game for a last gen console. 3DS is a lot more than just 3D.

It has also already been confirmed that Smash Bros. for 3DS won't make use of the 3D function. So you can take it easy.

*Grudgingly gathers the money to buy a 3DS before release*
08-14-2012 01:11 AM