Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you play this game?
amazingred09 Offline

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Would you play this game?
You play as a Japanese Cop, you are caught off guard while off duty by the screams of your neighbour, you go over to check on her (gun in hand), and find her being eaten by someone, the zombie walks towards you, and after a few warnings you unload on it

The game would focus of stealth rather than running into battle head first like most zombie games do.

Main Weapons would include: Samurai Sword (yes I know it's cliche but it supposed to be a family heirloom) and his pistol (used in sticky situations, like when you get spotted and have to take them all out at once).

Gameplay will focus on stealth, but you can take them down by just shooting them all, but it is not advisable as there are many of them and you only have a limited supply of ammo, it would be advisable to just sneak around them a lot of time.
06-26-2012 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
RE: Would you play this game?
This idea sounds interesting enough but it also seems to be lacking in the area of story, like as to why said zombie outbreak is happening or if you are supposed to be investigating the reason the zombies came about. Not trying to put you down just think it needs more work in that area and that this idea is more focused about the gameplay, which in the end is the most important part of a game but a story would enhance said gameplay.
All of that said if what you said just now is the extent of the game i would play it if it didn't cost too much, like say maybe within the $10 range.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 12:54 PM by cingchris.)
06-26-2012 12:52 PM
 Thanks given by: Sirion
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
Story cliches aside, it sounds like it could be potentially interesting to see a stealth-fouces zombie game. Would this be a realistic zombie game, or a more crazy/impossible one? I could see each kind having its advantage.
06-26-2012 12:54 PM
Sirion Offline
irion-irion-irion

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)
The idea is interesting. I'd like to see a Metal Gear-like zombie game, but come to think about it, depending on what kind of zombies we're talking about, sneaking past them would be too easy most of the time, since they have no conscience, only pure survival instincts. It would be all about not making loud noises, not smelling like fresh meat and, knowing how to properly use a Gravity Gun basically, outsmarting them, which shouldn't be hard because, you know, they're zombies.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 01:44 PM by Sirion.)
06-26-2012 01:33 PM
 Thanks given by: cingchris
John Offline

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
sounds fun but I think there should be more to the story though than just hiding and killing zombies, since a good storyline usually makes a great game.
06-26-2012 02:51 PM
amazingred09 Offline

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
(06-26-2012 12:52 PM)cingchris Wrote:  This idea sounds interesting enough but it also seems to be lacking in the area of story, like as to why said zombie outbreak is happening or if you are supposed to be investigating the reason the zombies came about. Not trying to put you down just think it needs more work in that area and that this idea is more focused about the gameplay, which in the end is the most important part of a game but a story would enhance said gameplay.
All of that said if what you said just now is the extent of the game i would play it if it didn't cost too much, like say maybe within the $10 range.

well it's kinda in the early stages, as in i have only thought about the gameplay, the story will come later
06-26-2012 10:32 PM
Nicknclank Offline
The Strategist

Given 28 thank(s) in 21 post(s)
Well, not a bad idea, BUT, it will need a lot of work. For example, is it going to be a game that's like "Go from A to B", or will the story be about killing them all? Will there be side characters who will help you? Who are the villains?
06-26-2012 10:41 PM
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
(06-26-2012 10:32 PM)amazingred09 Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 12:52 PM)cingchris Wrote:  This idea sounds interesting enough but it also seems to be lacking in the area of story, like as to why said zombie outbreak is happening or if you are supposed to be investigating the reason the zombies came about. Not trying to put you down just think it needs more work in that area and that this idea is more focused about the gameplay, which in the end is the most important part of a game but a story would enhance said gameplay.

well it's kinda in the early stages, as in i have only thought about the gameplay, the story will come later
Well you have a good start on it man keep working at it.
06-27-2012 05:57 AM