Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Witcher 2.
Beardy
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
The Witcher 2.
On Xbox 360. I've tried SO hard to like it. But I just... think it's catastrophic.
08-08-2012 10:40 AM
Quote this message in a reply
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: The Witcher 2.
The game takes a while get started. The first chapter is a tad sluggish but picks up fairly quickly once you get to chapter 2. It has a serious tone to it you can appreciate. Not for everyones tastes sure, but it's better than playing Skyrim. If you don't like after playing through a portion of act 2, then it's probably not your game.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 11:52 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
08-08-2012 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-08-2012 11:52 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  The game takes a while get started. The first chapter is a tad sluggish but picks up fairly quickly once you get to chapter 2. It has a serious tone to it you can appreciate. Not for everyones tastes sure, but it's better than playing Skyrim. If you don't like after playing through a portion of act 2, then it's probably not your game.

What console did you play it on, out of interest? I've been playing it on my Xbox, and the mini-map thingy seems really buggy.

Also, there's that curse of "no jump". Like.... damn... I can't walk over these ankle-high rocks. Shades of Mass Effect, but even worse... because it's ALL foresty and bumpy. How many times am I going to get annoyed at running on the spot when I though I was cutting a tiny corner of a path? And how insanely broken and... well... insane are the arbitrary splits between the same damn quests?

And all of that ... makes me annoyed. Because the little niggles are enough to make me pissed off enough to chuck my controller across the room when they happen. I still sense a fucking amazing game here, though.
08-08-2012 12:18 PM
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
I've heard it was good and was thinking of getting it, but my lack of money sadly prevented the purchase. From what I've seen it definitely looks like a great game.
08-08-2012 12:21 PM
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-08-2012 12:21 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:  I've heard it was good and was thinking of getting it, but my lack of money sadly prevented the purchase. From what I've seen it definitely looks like a great game.

Annoyingly, I really suspect that it is a great game and it's my own shallowness that makes me annoyed at it.

Get it, buddy.
08-08-2012 12:25 PM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
(08-08-2012 12:18 PM)Beardy Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 11:52 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  The game takes a while get started. The first chapter is a tad sluggish but picks up fairly quickly once you get to chapter 2. It has a serious tone to it you can appreciate. Not for everyones tastes sure, but it's better than playing Skyrim. If you don't like after playing through a portion of act 2, then it's probably not your game.

What console did you play it on, out of interest? I've been playing it on my Xbox, and the mini-map thingy seems really buggy.

Also, there's that curse of "no jump". Like.... damn... I can't walk over these ankle-high rocks. Shades of Mass Effect, but even worse... because it's ALL foresty and bumpy. How many times am I going to get annoyed at running on the spot when I though I was cutting a tiny corner of a path? And how insanely broken and... well... insane are the arbitrary splits between the same damn quests?

And all of that ... makes me annoyed. Because the little niggles are enough to make me pissed off enough to chuck my controller across the room when they happen. I still sense a fucking amazing game here, though.

Wow really? That sucks. Honestly I haven't experienced a single glitch with the game. No jumping isn't really a personal problem for me. When you need to climb an obstacle, the game gives you a prompt, so I don't really see a use for jumping. But I understand why others would want it in.
Not too sure about the mini-map problem. There are set paths through the forest you can take which should be displayed. There are also some well hidden paths which can be a pain to find, but I guess that's why they're well hidden and not marked.
T'is a shame you've had a crap experience with the game, but I understand your points.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 09:53 PM by BumblebeeCody.)
08-08-2012 09:52 PM
Sirion Offline
irion-irion-irion

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)
Maybe if you play the game on PC you will find it more enjoyable? It's primarily a PC game, after all.
08-09-2012 06:02 AM
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
I'm getting this in the next few days. Looking forward to it after all you're saying Smile
08-09-2012 06:04 AM
Sirion Offline
irion-irion-irion

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)
This thread reminds me I owe a friend for buying The Witcher 2 for me in Steam Sales. I still don't have the money. And now I owe money to another friend. Life is beautiful.
08-09-2012 06:10 AM
Beardy
Unregistered

(08-09-2012 06:02 AM)Sirion Wrote:  Maybe if you play the game on PC you will find it more enjoyable? It's primarily a PC game, after all.

Yeah, not got a gaming PC though. I'll probably try it again in a few months and love it. It's happened before.
08-09-2012 06:37 AM