Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Okay so we all know this game is a copy of SSB but it is not a carbon copy nor is it a blatant rip off. None of the stages were stolen, none of the characters, and I would like to hope none of the music was ripped off. Why do people show hate to a game that is, while unoriginal, still a fresh game on a generation where fps games are one of the more popular games?
08-06-2012 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
G-Locke Offline
Dinobot

Given 11 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
RE: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Every game gets hate, but the main reasons seem to be:

- Similarities to SSB
- Sony
- Characters like Killzone Guy and Fat Princess
- Game looks...kinda....not alive I guess? I don't know how to explain it

Nonetheless I'm hyped for the game! Always wanted a SSB game for PS, and I finally get it! Yay!
08-06-2012 11:50 AM
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
I'm very excited for it and will definitely be getting. From the E3 footage I've seen it definitely has its differences from SSB.
08-06-2012 12:01 PM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Plus Vita players can play ALONG SIDE PS3 players, that is awesome!
08-06-2012 12:55 PM
Zaliphone Offline
Supreme Geeknerd

Given 53 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
That's pretty awesome. Too bad I don't have a Vita, sounds pretty good. Although I have heard there are practically no games for it.
08-06-2012 01:19 PM
G-Locke Offline
Dinobot

(08-06-2012 01:19 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:  That's pretty awesome. Too bad I don't have a Vita, sounds pretty good. Although I have heard there are practically no games for it.

There aren't really, lol

Gravity Rush is fantastic though

Just hoping they go all out with this game. Would help quiet down the haters.
08-06-2012 01:36 PM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

It would and I am tired of the haters (not the first nor last of em) but it's so weak to call it a shameless rip off. As if other games have not done that before and were they called that? Not once which is really tiring to hear them say that to a game that is not even out yet.
08-06-2012 02:10 PM
G-Locke Offline
Dinobot

Exactly

What I really dislike about stuff like this is when the hate is louder than the praise >_>

From the roster so far, who are you guys thinking of maining?

I'm going with Sly or Cole at this point
08-06-2012 02:47 PM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
The reason is because the gameplay and looks of it looks so much like Smash Bros. Brawl that it makes you believe Sony is trying to make a parody. Hell, even the font they use for the game is the same as Smash Bros. Brawl.

The gameplay itself looks like absolute garbage. Animation looks terrible, there's no response when you hit a character (you just flow through like you would hit butter) and no one seems very fond of the way you defeat your enemies.

So far the game is made for failure. But it's still in developement, so hopefully a lot will happen.

Edit:
Kamiya has spoken! All praise one of the video game overlords.

http://gamingeverything.com/26118/hideki...a-rip-off/
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 04:21 PM by Nuudoru.)
08-06-2012 03:18 PM
Gardocki Offline
Best In The World!

Given 26 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
(08-06-2012 03:18 PM)Nuudoru Wrote:  The reason is because the gameplay and looks of it looks so much like Smash Bros. Brawl that it makes you believe Sony is trying to make a parody. Hell, even the font they use for the game is the same as Smash Bros. Brawl.

The gameplay itself looks like absolute garbage. Animation looks terrible, there's no response when you hit a character (you just flow through like you would hit butter) and no one seems very fond of the way you defeat your enemies.

So far the game is made for failure. But it's still in developement, so hopefully a lot will happen.

Edit:
Kamiya has spoken! All praise one of the video game overlords.

http://gamingeverything.com/26118/hideki...a-rip-off/

What I found funny about the game was Sony themselves, when posting the gameplay footage on Youtube, used variations of the Smash Bros title to tag the video. They obviously know they're shamelessly ripping off one of Nintendo's biggest franchise, from the look of the game, the feel of the game, right down to tagging it as a Smash Bros. game.

Sony tags Playstation All Stars as Smash Bros. on Youtube

But let's not kid ourselves, this isn't the first time Sony ripped off Nintendo....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlEKg7JciByWV7ybEVS55...0YZ_cXVddE][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvrFCMJW38javbG90OMpB...6mnLwZR7wA]
08-06-2012 05:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
elizasteave Offline

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
I would rather like to say that people generally keep an image of every game in their mind and whenever they see another game just like the game which they have gone through earlier, then ultimately a sort of hate comes in their mind. I guess regarding this game also many of the people have again the same feeling which obviously they should not have.
08-06-2012 07:28 PM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
(08-06-2012 02:10 PM)Xannidel Wrote:  It would and I am tired of the haters (not the first nor last of em) but it's so weak to call it a shameless rip off. As if other games have not done that before and were they called that? Not once which is really tiring to hear them say that to a game that is not even out yet.

The hate for this game is HIII-LAR-ious. I love Smash Bros, but these Nintendo fanboys are pathetic. They have the attitude of
Quote:"No it's ours, I don't want you to have the same game as us".

Yes it looks like Smash Bros, but, during Evo2012 there was conference for games to be shown and they dedicated day 2 to Sony Battle. The game is similar to Smash Bros but you can actually do combos you'd find in a more traditional fighting game.

You can see they have stun (characters dropping to their knees) much like Marvel vs Capcom 3(She-hulk). I'd also like to add they've got two fighting game professionals, one of them is Clockwork who is a MvC2 legend.
The amount of salty kids bitchin' about this "being a rip-off" is funny. Grow up kiddies.

@Gardocki
I managed to get a much clearer image of it haha
[Image: AHWuY.jpg]
08-06-2012 10:06 PM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
Let's keep this thread as a discussion about the game and let's not compare it to Super Smash Bros. series. This is to not turn this thread into a huge mess of argument of which of them is the best.
08-06-2012 10:26 PM
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
I don't see what all the kerfuffle is about, it's a winning game genre and if the roster is good enough, this game'll be kick-ass !
I'd rather live in a world where all the good companies do a game like this than a world where only one company is allowed because "they called it" Rolleyes

All I know is that I'm looking forward to seeing what this game's about Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 10:42 PM by SERIOUSLY THOUGH.)
08-06-2012 10:41 PM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
(08-06-2012 10:41 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  I don't see what all the kerfuffle is about, it's a winning game genre and if the roster is good enough, this game'll be kick-ass !
I'd rather live in a world where all the good companies do a game like this than a world where only one company is allowed because "they called it" Rolleyes

You can't talk to fanboy/girls about logic. It's the same pathetic argument case I've seen of people saying
Quote:Meh meh meh Castlevania: Lords of Shadow ripped off Shadow of the Colossus because it has 2 boss battles you can climb up...
what?

Did anyone get into the Sony Battle Beta? Do want in!
08-06-2012 10:43 PM