Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
Beware of Cuccos Offline
Forum Grandma

Given 134 thank(s) in 95 post(s)
RE: The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
I have so many feels on these subjects. My dears, you may want to pull up some chairs.

For those of you that don't know, I am a 26 year old single female living in Houston Texas. As is my understanding, most of the world dislikes the USA, especially Texas. (Please correct me if I am wrong there)

On feminism- I think some women go way too far with this. However, I also believe they have every right to, even though I disagree that women are better than men. They put a bad out there for those of us that believe women and men are equals. People like to lump feminism and gender equality all in one, when they, in fact, are not the same thing.

Being a woman- is scary as hell. We are not totally equal. We still get lower wages for the same jobs, and not even considered for employment for others. (Example- construction) Did you know women have TEN TIMES the pain tolerance that men have? Why, you ask? Because we go through things like periods and childbirth. (Sidenote- I recently learned that the USA has the lowest allowed amount of time for maternity leave- 6 weeks. Also, I've never been pregnant, but a friend of mine and her husband are about to start trying)
Also, we are not socially accepted unless we wear certain clothes, have certain hair, and wear makeup. We can get fired for not wearing makeup. Men will never have to go through that at everyday jobs.
The word 'rape' is never funny. Going out of your way to use a different pronunciation of a word just so you can say it is disrespectful. It is what's known as a trigger word, which most men don't believe is real and will never understand. It is not funny or cute to be playing your shoot-em-up games while yelling "I TOTALLY RAPED YOU!!" Rape itself is neither fun nor funny. Victims that do speak out are told they were asking for it, which is why the majority of rapes are never, ever, even so much as known.

Gay marriage- FAB-U-LOUS. The recent Chick-fil-a nonsense sparked this old gem once again. I have no problem with the owner stating his opinion- that's his right. (Although I wish he wouldn't donate his money to those provenly harmful pray-away-the-gay hate groups) What's the problem is that this exists in the first place. We shouldn't have to be fighting for gay rights, they should already exist. I also have a much bigger problem with the people that ate there that day, as opposed to the owner. I've had quite a few interesting converations on this subject. here are some things i've been told, and my rebuttals, or vise versa..

Me
Others

I won't be eating at Chick-fil-a anymore.
So you're against free speech?
No. I am 100% for free speech. I don't want my money going to hateful organizations.
But it's in the bible.
I can't believe a book that's been re-written and translated hundreds of times by men.
But if gays can marry, then you know what's next? Men marrying boys, people marrying their dogs..
But it's two consenting adults.
Well, they just want the same benefits as us.
So?
They can't reproduce.
So if a man and woman want to get married, but their insides are all messed up and they can't reproduce, they shouldn't be able to get married?
That's not the same.
How so?
It's in the bible.
The bible also doesn't believe in divorce or women wearing pants.
That's not the same.
If you're going to believe in the bible, you can't pick and choose which parts.

That pretty much sums up my views on that.

Black people- are the new racists. They do act entitled. Here's how things are in my town of Houston. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, almost all of the refugees came here, and almost all of them were black. A lot of them still haven't left. Our crime is at an all time high.
Most (not all) of the black people here in Houston are on some type of welfare. They become obese and claim they can't work, then have tons of kids to get even more money. That money comes from the paychecks of people like me, and that's not ok. Before taxes, I am barely above the poverty line. After taxes, I am way below. More on where my money goes in the next section..

Illegal immigrants- A new subject that has yet to be brought up. And a touchy one at that. I try my best to love everybody, but it is so hard. I was brought up to work for what I have, and I can't stand it that a huge chucnk of my pay goes to people that don't want to work, or people that are here illegally. I don't care how many Mexicans come here, as long as they do it the right way. (Bonus points if they take English and driving classes) My taxes are also going to their healthcare, when I can barely afford my yearly. Here's a good story- My best friend is half Mexican and half Portuguese. Her parents are here legally, but a lot of her cousins are not. Her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer around the same time one of her illegal cousins was to have a baby. Her illegal cousin got a very nice room in a top hospital on our side of town. Her mom had to go to a second-rate hospital the less than perfect doctors and dirty floors. How is that ok? The ones that do fill out their taxes claim 1 and 4, or 5, or 6.. which gives them so much more money. They claim their neices and nephews and deceased relatives (this goes for the black people too- they overlap in some ways)

I try to be a good person, but it's so hard nowadays. I work my ass off just to give my money to others that don't deserve it. I'm not saying all blacks/Mexicans are that way- but when the majority of a group of people acts one way, it makes the whole group look bad unfortunately.

That's all i'm going to write for now. My eyes are all fuzzy.

Please note: Although it sounds like it here, I am NOT a hateful person. All of my opinions here are based on experience, as I prefer not to watch or read the news.
08-06-2012 01:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody , Zaliphone

Messages In This Thread
The opinionated argument thread about "issues". - Beardy - 08-05-2012, 09:51 AM
RE: The opinionated argument thread about "issues". - Beware of Cuccos - 08-06-2012 01:34 AM