Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
CFMM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
RE: The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
I'm going to derail the feminist discussion and throw this mess about marriage equality into the fray, namely the shitstorm about Chick-Fil-A and all of that related nonsense.

I find it really terrible that there is a religious majority in the United States that uses THEIR excessively biased interpretation of morality to keep others in the dark. The fact that so many people willingly believe in this hateful, terrible stuff really depresses me. It hit a boiling point when I had to face my own family who were just buying into this "support Chick-Fil-A" crap. I mean, first of all eating at a restaurant you NEVER EVER eat at just because you think your money is going to go toward putting gays down is terrible. I hope that hate sandwich tasted really good.

But back to my point. It scares me that people think that the USA is a "Christian" nation. It is not. The founding fathers were not of any religious affiliation and some of them even despised the Church. I'm not saying Christianity as a whole has no morals, religion can teach you some decent rules of life but not everyone needs Jesus Christ to tell them to be a good person. I'm an Atheist. I have friends who belong to all sorts of faiths, and you know what, those of us who don't have our heads in our asses understand that people who be free to do what makes them happy so long as it's not illegal.

And two guys/girls tying the knot isn't illegal. It shouldn't be. Marriage isn't a religious thing. That's what I keep telling people. Marriage is a legal status. You can be wed in a government office just as easily as you can in a church, and you don't have to be a person of faith to be given power to wed people. One of my closest friends went and became ordained just because he was BORED one day. I'm gay, and I would like to get married. I'm single, but I mean it would be nice if that changed. I don't even want to be married in a church, and if I did it's not like I'm going to have my partner drop trou and suck him off right there on the spot in the middle of a church.

I don't understand homophobia. It's not a phobia. "Homophobia" is just a nice way of saying someone is a total asshole just like how "job creators" is a nicer FOX News term for "people who ruin the economy".
08-05-2012 04:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody , Arjahn , Zaliphone

Messages In This Thread
The opinionated argument thread about "issues". - Beardy - 08-05-2012, 09:51 AM
RE: The opinionated argument thread about "issues". - CFMM - 08-05-2012 04:41 PM