Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of
CFMM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of
(07-16-2012 10:43 AM)Beardy Wrote:  Blake Stone: A full-on Call of Duty style "chuck money at it" but with the same aesthetic as the original and with the same amount of exploration rather than corridor type gameplay.

God damn it. That music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IgodenUKdQ

I loved that game so much when I was a kid. It was another one of those "Doom-ish" games but still had things that separated it from the other clones.

I think Tyrian needs a revival. That game is near 20 years old and it's still an amazing play today. Literally a month ago I sat down and played through the entire thing again.

Robot Arena is also a great PC game that needs a reboot. It's been almost a decade since its last incarnation, but unfortunately no one cares about robot combat anymore so I doubt we'll ever see a RA 3; it's amazing we even got a 2 because the original Robot Arena was GOD AWFUL, but number 2 was just amazing. The game still has an active online community and healthy modding community to boot.

Megarace also needs a better installment. The first one (which most people received as a bundle with their Windows 3.1 computers) was pretty incredible for its time and used some fancy technological trickery to give you a 3D racing experience without the hardware requirements, it's like a low-end PS1 game years before the console existed. Megarace 2 was "meh" and 3 was just bad. I don't even know how old Christian Erickson is or if he'd be able to reprise his role as Lance Boyle for a 4th game either. D:
07-16-2012 11:20 AM
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of - Beardy - 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of - CFMM - 07-16-2012 11:20 AM
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of - Beardy - 07-16-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of - Beardy - 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of - Beardy - 07-17-2012, 10:01 AM
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of - Beardy - 07-20-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Forgotten games that you'd like a reboot of - Beardy - 07-22-2012, 09:29 AM