Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Project DYKG (Official Thread).
Nicknclank Offline
The Strategist

Given 28 thank(s) in 21 post(s)
RE: Project DYKG (Official Thread).
(07-06-2012 05:18 AM)Equinox Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 05:12 AM)damerdar Wrote:  Ooo I forgot about the kitchen sink! So that is going to be with the cooking level right? lol

There are drawbacks when developing it, but the multiple worlds allows there to be completely different art styles as well as other things, not just the gameplay. Its like creating minigames, except the minigames actually have some effort put into them. And this way, people of all walks of gaming genres can still find a part that will fit into their niche.

I like the idea, but I can understand why it shouldn't be done. What does everybody else think about it?

The way I see it is that we're going for quantity over quality. Like are we actually shooting to make a great game here? Or are we just screwing around?

I think we WANT to make a good game, but right now, we are pitching a lot of ideas.

What I think we should do right now is to plan who does what. And not just "Do you do the story or the art?", but really "What is the level you are gonna make? How will you help with it?"

ALSO, I read everything and if people are going to make different types of levels (that's what we planed), we need to know the choices. here is what we noted so far:

-Space Shooter
-Platformer
-Monster Kill (Kill a bunch of monsters to advance!)

What I think we could add:

-Tower Defence (With a cooking theme ^_^)
-Racing (With the roman chariots idea from damerdar)

I will extend the list when people give more ideas ^_^
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 05:36 AM by Nicknclank.)
07-06-2012 05:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Project DYKG (Official Thread). - DHXIII - 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM
RE: Project DYKG (Official Thread). - Nicknclank - 07-06-2012 05:31 AM