Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You are in charge of the next Pokemon Video Game
Gahmstead Offline

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: You are in charge of the next Pokemon Video Game
(11-05-2012 12:50 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(11-04-2012 06:34 AM)Gahmstead Wrote:  2) There would be an area where you can specify the type and level of the Pokemon you are training, and have access to wild Pokemon that your type will be either super or regular effective against. This would make level grinding early on in the game easier. It could be set up like the safari zone where you can only take so many steps before getting booted out.

That would kind of ruin the whole self-exploration aspect of the game. It's fun to run around, finding the right training ground. Having that served on a platter would defeat the point.

I feel like there are times when I'm training for a gym and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Example: Say I need an electric Pokemon up to a certain level, and the area with the highest level wild Pokemon I have access to is a cave. All ground and rock Pokemon, with an occasional bat that doesn't give a lot of experience. I'm stuck with either using an experience share, and leveling up my electric with another, or leveling it up in an area with weaker Pokemon. Either way I'm looking at longer level grinding than is necessary.

Generation 5 kind of fixed this by having a better distribution of experience points (and the Lucky Egg), but I still think this would be a nice touch.
11-05-2012 09:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: You are in charge of the next Pokemon Video Game - Gahmstead - 11-05-2012 09:28 PM