Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG
CFMM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG
(07-03-2012 10:16 AM)bigbigbuddy Wrote:  I actually do take full credit, as this was discovered by myself and hasn't been found anywhere else on the web. Honestly.

Also, Missingno. can learn every HM, if that isn't true than try to explain how it happened to me?

Another note, I've renamed another Pokemon a different name in my Pokemon Red game but the color of the Pokemon in Pokemon Stadium did not change.

The Missingno. evolved into a different Pokemon, thus causing it become that Pokemon. I have taken pictures and they were developed properly thus no error.

I'm having troubles with my iPhone copying the video onto my computer so you'll have to hold on for it. I'll post pictures in the meantime.

M attempts to evolve into Kangaskhan at every level from 0 to 255 except for level 128, where it attempts to evolve into Clefairy. Capturing an 'M in battle will not terminate the battle, and capturing the "invisible" M a second time results in a Ditto. Having an M in your party already, having one in a box, or checking its stats can cause M to turn into a Rhydon.

All four of these Pokemon are otherwise normal, save for any erroneous moves they learned as M. This has been documented for years. It is Missingno when uploaded into Stadium that causes problems, not the Pokemon MissingNo/M is capable of turning into.

Nicknames in Pokemon Stadium affect color. Here is an old IGN page talking about Pokemon customization:
http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/11154/secrets.html

According to the guide, though, the hue alterations only come about from certain types of nicknames, so that's a mybad on my part. I assumed any nickname would warrant a hue modification.

As far as the TM/HM business goes, I'm sorry but I just don't believe you. M and MissingNo are incomplete entries of garbage data, M cannot even learn Subsitute (TM50) and that was something that I believe any Pokemon could learn. The only explanation I can offer to you is that if you were fooling around with the "Skeleton" or "Ghost" graphic MissingNo that you experienced a glitch where those, and only those, versions of MissingNo will adopt the TM/HM usability matrix of the Pokemon whose data was last accessed by the game (e.g. if you just fought or viewed the stats of a Pokemon who could have learned all HM's and then attempted to teach HM's to one of these 3 MissingNo immediately afterward, all three of them would be "ABLE".)

I'm only giving you a hard time about this because DYKG strives for factual accuracy and I spent a good many years from 1998-2003(or so) studying glitches in games like Pokemon Red/Blue and understanding the mechanics and backbone of the game. You may have discovered these anomalies on your own, but they have been documented for a while. Perhaps I should have worded that better; however I must say I have a stark aversion to "THIS IS MINE COPYRIGHT ME MMXII ORIGINAL CHARACTER WORK DO NOT COPY" mentality which is why I stopped by to offer corrections.
07-03-2012 10:42 AM
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Giratina , SparoHawk

Messages In This Thread
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-03-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-08-2012, 06:50 AM
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-03-2012, 09:48 AM
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-03-2012 10:42 AM
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-07-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-07-2012, 07:46 AM
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-07-2012, 07:53 AM
RE: "M" (Missingno.) cool fact DYKG - CFMM - 07-07-2012, 08:12 AM