Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best and Worst VG Movies
Mass Distraction Offline

Given 109 thank(s) in 86 post(s)
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies
Huh. I actually liked Advent Children. And Spirits Within, for that matter. Yes, I do play FF games. Have all of them from I to VII.

A couple of other movies I didn't mention but enjoyed a lot: Hitman, Max Payne, Forbidden and all the Mortal Kombat movies. I also liked Zombrex: Dead Rising Sun, though I had to watch it dubbed because I couldn't find subtitles for it. The dubbing was just awful. Like, the original RE bad.

As far as animated movies go, the only ones I've only been so and so with are the Fatal Fury and King of Fighters movies, though they were still decent fun to watch. I also stopped liking everything animation related about Pokémon after the third movie and Mewtwo Strikes Back. 4Ever was just... lame.

I still need to watch live action movies like KoF, HotD and both the SF ones. Those are gonna be sooooo fun...

Okay, now to the bad ones that I've actually seen. Let's start off with Tekken. Now that that's out of the way, to the next one, which is Dead or Alive. My GOD was that movie bad. I watched it with a friend and when the credits started rolling we just sat there for a while, looked at each other and agreed never to watch that again. If I had had it on a disc that I had actually paid for, the best I would have gotten out of my money would have been destroying that infernal movie. How satisfying would that have been...

In any case, let's get to the bottom of the barrel. The Resident Evil movies. Now, I'm not complaining because I'm a fan of the actual series. I'm complaining because the movies have just gone from bad to worse. Okay, so I liked the first movie. I really did, and I was excited to see the sequel, Apocalypse, becuase I did (and still do) find the first movie good. That one was... It was okay, it was decent, though it got a bunch of the characters wrong and Alice was going crazy mary-sue all over the place. In any case, it was still watchable. Then we got Extinction. That is clearly where Anderson dropped the ball for good, not only ruining my favorite character (Carlos) but just making the plot insanely stupid with superpowers and shit. Next came Afterlife and that movie was just horrifyingly bad. So bad that I'd rather have spikes stuck under my nails than watch it again. I'm not saying it's a bad RE movie, I'm saying it's a bad movie and everyone taking part of making it should feel bad and have their kneecaps blown off. The CG was worse than anything on an Atari 2600, the plot made no sense, they introduced characters nobody cares about and the zombies are now majini for no reason. Retribution was better but by no means was it perfect. It was mostly boring and the plot still makes no sense. I'll stop now before this wall of text consumes the galaxy.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 02:27 AM by Mass Distraction.)
01-30-2013 02:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Xannidel - 01-28-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Berry - 01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Arjahn - 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Xannidel - 01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Lightmatt - 01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Ouberry_13 - 01-29-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Arjahn - 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - cingchris - 01-29-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Mass Distraction - 01-30-2013 02:26 AM
RE: Best and Worst VG Movies - Ouberry_13 - 01-30-2013, 12:00 PM