Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get into Anime, any reccomendations?
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Trying to get into Anime, any reccomendations?
(02-16-2013 09:20 AM)Ga2sert Wrote:  You should try Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's great! It's also considered by many people the anime that "changed everything". At least, they say that before Evangelion, anime was just for kids. I don't know if it really was the first one with a deeper plot, but it's really good.
Hayao Miyazaki's movies are also awesome! Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, Ponyo, Porco Rosso etc etc. Anything made by Miyazaki is excellent.

I think even the creator of Neon Genesis Evangelion even stated that the plot(lack of) was complete BS and that's it's far from deep.

As for me, I'm one of those self righteous dickheads who hates modern anime.
Nah, I just have no interest in the latest Animes like Code Geass or Soul Eater. I've seen a few episodes but that kind stuff just isn't what I like about anime(don't like the designs, the story, the generic dialogue, the bland action scenes) but they have their respected audience so...eh. Seems like the ladies on here know a lot about the modern Animes. Naruto is effin' terrible though, no holds barred on that crap.

I think some Animes like Death Note are a master piece. The idea of a Death Note with the the characters who have on and the lore is just amazing. Original and really had my by the balls. Some other modern Animes like Afro Samurai is really for the mature audience but it's mature in a good way. There's violence and adult themes but handled with a level of maturity that doesn't make it seem like it's trying to be cool. For old Animes, then I'm in on that stuff.

Outlaw Star is a great hidden gem of the old generation.

Also, what's with High School of the Dead and boobs?
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 10:52 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
02-16-2013 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to get into Anime, any reccomendations? - BumblebeeCody - 02-16-2013 10:52 AM