Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
What do you think of emulators?
RBeef Offline
Rock scientist

Given 6 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
RE: What do you think of emulators?
(08-10-2012 03:04 PM)agentkuo Wrote:  I can't stand using emulators for a couple reasons.
1.Bad design.
-Now, this obviously doesn't apply to all emulators, but the majority of the ones I've used (or tried using), have had a terrible interface (I think Super Nintendo emulators take the cake on this). Just incredibly inconvenient to use, load roms, and just play the games.

2.Keyboard.
-I used to have an R4 for my DSLight, and it worked pretty well. But for the most part, emulators need to be played using the PC, which means a keyboard. And keyboards just weren't designed for the type of gaming I want to do on emulators (for the most part.) That, and the fact that I would, 99% of the time, prefer to use a controller over a keyboard any day.

But there may be hope. With the new console, OUYA, coming out, the obvious potential of emulators being run on it is great. And with everything I hate about emulators fixed (a good interface and a controller), this could potentially make me really like emulators. That is, if OUYA ends up being what it sets out to be (and I really hope it does well, because it looks like something really really great.)

Anyway, that's my 2ยข on emulators.

I have used a few good GBA and NDS emulators in the past, but playing handheld devices on a PC, using a keyboard just leaves a lot to be desired.

1. Bad design?

I think not. There are emulators that are pretty much flawless in running most games (i.e. snes9x, FCEUX, Visual Boy Advance, ePSXe, etc) and give a good option for emulating consoles you had, or always wanted.

2. Keyboard?

I agree with Symphony. There are a number of USB gamepads that work like a charm and that's not all, the emulators themselves have a great gamepad input (Hell, you can even use the wii classic controller with a bluetooth receiver on your PC, if you have one). I use a Logitech gamepad, similar to the PS2 controller, the D-pad is not the best in the world, but it sure beats the keyboard.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 05:18 AM by RBeef.)
08-11-2012 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What do you think of emulators? - RBeef - 08-09-2012, 06:17 AM
RE: What do you think of emulators? - CFMM - 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: What do you think of emulators? - RBeef - 08-11-2012 05:17 AM
Emulation is good or bad? - Artwark - 10-30-2012, 04:10 AM
RE: Emulation is good or bad? - Xannidel - 10-30-2012, 04:12 AM