Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
What do you think of emulators?
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: What do you think of emulators?
(08-09-2012 10:22 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 10:10 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  I really only have an issue with pirating (emulating modern day games) on PC, but when they are shown in 1080p DAYUM! I love seeing Wii games in 1080p. Or even Dreamcast:
Older games meh. Companies can't make any money from (GBA etc) so why try? It's all used game sales now. I ended up modding my Wii to playing GBA, PS1, SNES, N64 and it can play Wii games from a USB (I prefer to have the physical copy which is why I don't torrent them).

Also good for speedrun practice.

I agree completely. The only reason I've bought older consoles and games is for collection purposes. Until I can buy a game for them, I emulate. People online sell old games for stupidly high prices, I found Mega Man X for no cheaper than 20 bucks.

Indeed same. I collect games and consoles. I recently bought Breath of Fire 2 for the Gameboy fully boxed. I didn't want to open it so I played it on my Wii using an emulator. Nintendo still can make money from those games though which is why they are available for download on the eShop. Having Minish Cap on the 3DS amongst a huge collection of (10)NES and (9 other) GBA games is awesome. But I still have the Zelda SP with the game.

(08-09-2012 10:35 PM)Symphony Wrote:  
Quote:I agree completely. The only reason I've bought older consoles and games is for collection purposes. Until I can buy a game for them, I emulate. People online sell old games for stupidly high prices, I found Mega Man X for no cheaper than 20 bucks.
I'm with you there. It's been a while I've been checking for original Pokemon Red and some N64 games (Majora's mask/Oot/MarioParty) but they insist on selling them for over 30~40 dollars (if my conversion isn't at all wrong).

That's how those games are now. An avid collector would spend that much on a game. Especially if it boxed with all the manuals and papers inside. Factory sealed game go for around £300+

Another good point about emulators is that you can build on the code. A about 2 years ago I downloaded the Project64 with Super Mario 64(I still own it), but a computer tool called ToadsTool. It basically allows you to edit the in game worlds and thus being able to create you own Mario stages or look at game programming (if you want to get into it). The same can be said for another tool I used to use call AdvanceMap. That tool was for modding Pokemon games (R/S/E).
08-09-2012 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What do you think of emulators? - RBeef - 08-09-2012, 06:17 AM
RE: What do you think of emulators? - CFMM - 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: What do you think of emulators? - BumblebeeCody - 08-09-2012 11:51 PM
Emulation is good or bad? - Artwark - 10-30-2012, 04:10 AM
RE: Emulation is good or bad? - Xannidel - 10-30-2012, 04:12 AM