Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me.
Nicknclank Offline
The Strategist

Given 28 thank(s) in 21 post(s)
RE: Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me.
Also, with all the videogames in the world today, it would be REALLY hard to make a game that doesn't resemble an other type of game. If one of them is like that, it's called an indie game.

But I got to agree that a lot of japanese companies are using the same thing over and over again. Like Square Enix for example: I don't mind playing Final Fantasy, I love the franchise. But it's always the same RPG thing. There are always some small changes here and there, but it's always the same type of stuff.

Then again, I play CoD a lot and other games like Battlefield or Killzone! It's always the same type of game, but with some minor changes (yeah, I know, the graphics change a lot, but you get what I mean). So is there really a problem to NOT make something very original?

Even in the old days, when the Space Shooters genre came out, a lot of the games look exactly the same, but no one actually said it's a bad thing because they like playing the game, even thought they look like all the other ones.

So, in my opinion, even thought japanese companies "seem" to lose originality, if people still likes playing them, who cares? At least they're happy.

(Although they Final Combat DID copy Team Fortress a lot. That was a d**k move.)
08-28-2012 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me. - Nicknclank - 08-28-2012 05:56 AM