Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Technical support
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Technical support
(08-28-2012 05:47 AM)agentkuo Wrote:  1) It's more about people not knowing how to or not doing the job they came to do. It's a waste of my time if someone comes out, shuts down my internet for a good hour, messes with some cables, runs some tests, and tells me they fixed the problem, and they didn't. (As I said in my original post, we had 10 AT&T technicians out within a single month because we had to keep calling them after the last person didn't know what the fuck they were doing and didn't fix the problem.)

2) I'm glad to hear that some people have had good experiences and that some companies do their job. But why don't they all? Why even have a company if you're not gonna do your job? That's my main problem. Is people not doing what they're supposed to be trained to do. Or not knowing how to fix a problem that they should be trained to fix (half of the AT&T technicians either had to call their boss or had to "try something" to "see if it works". Like I get it, there's a lot of info they have to know, and it's not always the easiest fix, but they should understand the system well enough to know how to pinpoint the problem, and solve it. Maybe I'm being too hard on them. But am I wrong to expect these people to be able to fix the problem they came out to fix?

3) Another thing I've noticed is that, the people who schedule the appointment don't speak with the technician who is sent out, so when the technician gets here, they don't even know what the problem is. It's a simple matter of communication (or lack of).

Yeah, if I can't figure out the problem myself, that's when I break down and call a technician.

@1 See we don't have AT&T here in the U.K but after hearing the stories about them (as well as the reaction at Sonys E3 Vita announcement last year) then I guess the rage is understandable. But like I said, it's not the technical support person fault.

@2 Like before, I've heard AT&T suck so I see why they would also have a crap technical support. But for such a large and well known supply service they really SHOULD have good technical support. I wouldn't resort to what Beware of Cuccos said though, about getting their house address and and threats.

3) Yeah THAT does really piss me off to be honest. There's no communication between the person on call and what the technical support has been told.
08-28-2012 06:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Technical support - agentkuo - 08-27-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Technical support - Beware of Cuccos - 08-27-2012, 12:19 PM
RE: Technical support - agentkuo - 08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Technical support - Beware of Cuccos - 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Technical support - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-27-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Technical support - Beware of Cuccos - 08-28-2012, 01:41 AM
RE: Technical support - BumblebeeCody - 08-28-2012, 05:36 AM
RE: Technical support - agentkuo - 08-28-2012, 05:47 AM
RE: Technical support - BumblebeeCody - 08-28-2012 06:02 AM