Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Technical support
agentkuo Offline

Given 50 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
RE: Technical support
(08-28-2012 05:36 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  
(08-27-2012 10:54 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  I've had quite a few dealings with customer service. Never had a problem worse than 10 mins waiting time.
Dell are always very helpful and their next-day service to replace things has worked everytime (though I'd'rather my laptop not frazzle Tongue)
Orange (european telecoms) has also always been useful.

I say just be cheerful and polite to the customer service person. If they see you're a cool person, they'll be much more likely to want to help you out.
Also, if they've done a good job, ask to speak to a supervisor to leave some positive feedback about them, it'll make their day that much better

@ Bold.
I don't see the point in being a dick, it's not the person on the ends fault. I understand getting pissed that something related to company happened to you but acting like a super important person on this planet makes you look(sound) like a douche.
It's more about people not knowing how to or not doing the job they came to do. It's a waste of my time if someone comes out, shuts down my internet for a good hour, messes with some cables, runs some tests, and tells me they fixed the problem, and they didn't. (As I said in my original post, we had 10 AT&T technicians out within a single month because we had to keep calling them after the last person didn't know what the fuck they were doing and didn't fix the problem.)

Quote:I think I'm one of the few people who haven't had any issues with technical support. I've rang Microsoft twice about my Gamertag being suspended (Once earlier this year because I cancelled my card from auto-renewel (Sleezy Micro$oft)) and the dude on the other end was pretty helpful. The day my Gamertag was suspended I rang Microsoft support and hand it activated again. Not only that but the guy on the other end was also willing to help with any of problems or questions I had. Not only that but it was free.
I'm glad to hear that some people have had good experiences and that some companies do their job. But why don't they all? Why even have a company if you're not gonna do your job? That's my main problem. Is people not doing what they're supposed to be trained to do. Or not knowing how to fix a problem that they should be trained to fix (half of the AT&T technicians either had to call their boss or had to "try something" to "see if it works". Like I get it, there's a lot of info they have to know, and it's not always the easiest fix, but they should understand the system well enough to know how to pinpoint the problem, and solve it. Maybe I'm being too hard on them. But am I wrong to expect these people to be able to fix the problem they came out to fix?

Another thing I've noticed is that, the people who schedule the appointment don't speak with the technician who is sent out, so when the technician gets here, they don't even know what the problem is. It's a simple matter of communication (or lack of).

Quote:I usually make technical support a second last resort after Googling what the problem is.
(The last resort being to smash whatever is having problems...even my cat(joke)).
Yeah, if I can't figure out the problem myself, that's when I break down and call a technician.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 05:52 AM by agentkuo.)
08-28-2012 05:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Technical support - agentkuo - 08-27-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Technical support - Beware of Cuccos - 08-27-2012, 12:19 PM
RE: Technical support - agentkuo - 08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Technical support - Beware of Cuccos - 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Technical support - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-27-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Technical support - Beware of Cuccos - 08-28-2012, 01:41 AM
RE: Technical support - BumblebeeCody - 08-28-2012, 05:36 AM
RE: Technical support - agentkuo - 08-28-2012 05:47 AM
RE: Technical support - BumblebeeCody - 08-28-2012, 06:02 AM