Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
Beardy
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
RE: The opinionated argument thread about "issues".
(08-06-2012 02:41 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  @Beware of Cuccos and Beardy:
My issue on feminism nowadays isn't so much about wanting equality, but that feminists feel they are superior. I see blogs, articles, videos about "I'm a feminist and men are this/that". Compared to seeing a woman who is for equal rights. There's a huge difference between being a woman in the 19th century to a woman in 2000+. I already know that women get treated worse in certain areas, but the same can be said for men. The equality line is closing, but both sides still aren't equal. There are areas where men aren't equal (as I've pointed out before). I also have the same attitude to men who find themselves superior to women and their misogynistic BS. I've yet to find a feminist these days who makes a point that isn't biased. I'm for everyone being on equal ground. No for certain parties gaining certain perks.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Beardy. I understand what feminism is supposed (it's intended purpose) to mean, but the meaning seems to changed recently (based on what I've seen and heard). I think if you want to make a difference for women, don't complain about the men who don't view woman as inferior and anal about a guy being interested in you, but focus your attention on on places where it's needed. A perfect example being Muslim Women/oppression in those areas. I'd sign that petition.
img]

What I find shit about that point of view is that it's "oh, it's all gone, visibly... therefore it's fixed". I'd still say there's inherent sexism, racism and etc-ism (LOL) in everything. Have a look at the big, fat, rich companies that basically control the economy. Are straight, white, educated guys still controlling the economy? I rather think they are. Shall we have a little think about why that is? Perhaps it's because of society's historical lead-up to them.
08-06-2012 09:45 AM
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The opinionated argument thread about "issues". - Beardy - 08-05-2012, 09:51 AM
RE: The opinionated argument thread about "issues". - Beardy - 08-06-2012 09:45 AM