Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Dark Knight Rises (There may be spoilers)
Beardy
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
RE: The Dark Knight Rises (There may be spoilers)
(07-30-2012 11:44 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  
(07-30-2012 03:15 AM)Beardy Wrote:  I don't mind that it gets ridiculous. I mean it's Batman. Anyway you look at it, you can't make it realistic. How believable would it be for Roman Abramovich, for example, to dress up as a giant bat and beat up criminals? Every now and then I just get the feeling of "holy shit, he looks ridiculous. He's got little ears, look".

And I'd be ok with it being silly and exaggerated, but people hail The Dark Knight as a "gritty, realistic crime epic" and what-not, where it really isn't. The movie is just so overrated it's annoying.

I agree. The same thing happened with the Tim Burton Batman, which had Jack Nicholson dancing to Prince. When that came out, it was seen as "dark and gritty".

There's no such thing as a "realistic" superhero movie. There's no such thing as a "relatable" superhero.

I think the Nolan Batman movies are pretty good. Great performances and direction and everything. But they're still as retarded as... say.... Commando. They're just a lot more polished.

07-30-2012 11:52 AM
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Dark Knight Rises (There may be spoilers) - Beardy - 07-30-2012 11:52 AM