Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The life-in-general help me thread
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
RE: The life-in-general help me thread
(07-13-2012 03:53 AM)PikaPikari Wrote:  Travel Tips! Good.

I'm travelling out of country for the first time next summer. (I am going to Spain). Got any tips to settle my nerves?

If you have nerves about flying, I recommend a serotonin-inducing solution (serotonin calms you down) and something to help you sleep.

As for going there, and I say this assuming you're flying in from North America, make sure that when you get to Spain, you expose yourself to daylight as much as possible. Also make sure you don't sleep on your first day there because if you succumb to jetlag, you'll feel flat for a few days and you'll miss some of your holiday !

The Spanish are great people so try and speak their language at least to say hi or to ask for something. Showing them that you're putting some effort to speak to them in their own language will make them much more open than if you shout in English Big Grin

Also sunscreen - I've just been to the South of France for a few days and it was already 34 with no clouds in the sky. So sunscreen and try to keep to the shade between 12h00 and 16h00 otherwise you'll be red and you'll feel sore for the rest of your holiday. In the first few days, put on more sunscreen than you would need, even if you feel you don't need it (especially if you're not used to being exposed to the sun).

Oh, and eat paella, lots of paella. If this is the first time you leave your country, get ready for the time of your life - Spain really is a great place to visit and you'll feel relaxed and at home straight away Smile

Hope I've covered some important points Cool
07-13-2012 04:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: PikaPikari

Messages In This Thread
The life-in-general help me thread - Beardy - 07-11-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: The life-in-general help me thread - CFMM - 07-11-2012, 01:10 PM
RE: The life-in-general help me thread - CFMM - 07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: The life-in-general help me thread - CFMM - 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
RE: The life-in-general help me thread - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-13-2012 04:12 AM
RE: The life-in-general help me thread - Beardy - 07-14-2012, 12:20 PM
RE: The life-in-general help me thread - Beardy - 07-14-2012, 12:32 PM