Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
What religious beliefs do you have?
Skarro Offline
I AM HOLLYWOOD

Given 59 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
RE: What religious beliefs do you have?
(07-03-2012 01:01 PM)Beardy Wrote:  So...uhhh... what's your point?

That swearing isn't a sin...? It was a direct reply to an old post...? Why aren't you able to make that connection?

(07-03-2012 01:06 PM)CFMM Wrote:  I'm an Atheist, though generally to piss off theists I just say I'm a follower of the Cult of Sobek or something.

I am fine with the existence of religion and I really don't care about it, but I have a problem with religious fundies attempting to use their BS to govern the lives of people unaffiliated with them. Right now it's mostly just an issue of same-sex marriage and religious violence against gays where I live. I'm actually gay myself, so it's a big issue to me. It offends me that people use dated religious agendas to try and tell me what I can and cannot do. They use their perceived guarantee of afterlife (which I don't believe in) to ruin the PRESENT lives of the people around them. It saddens me, really.

I realize not all Christians are the "GOD HATES FAGS" type, and not all Muslims are the kinds of people who'd detonate a car bomb outside of the house of an outspoken member of faith. Not all Atheists are good people, either; Joseph Stalin was one and he wasn't a good guy. Religion when used to oppress and revoke the rights of other humans is a gross misuse of power and control. In an ideal world we wouldn't have religion attempting to lobby itself into legislature; we'd be free to explore the universe that birthed us and advance the standard of living of our collective species.

But maybe that's just me being starry eyed about a way of life I will never see in my lifetime.

"To piss off theists I just say I'm a follower of the Cult of Sobek or something".: goodonebro.jpeg

"Right now it's mostly just an issue of same-sex marriage and religious violence against gays": This is what I was talking about in my previous post against you. These are people who naturally have problems with gays and are using religion as an excuse and aren't truely religious themselves. You can tell because not only does the bible say that gay sex hasn't been a sin since before jesus' death, but also that you shouldn't hate anyone, and that god doesn't hate anyone. They rip the one quote from the bible, ignoring the later parts they say "uhh nevermind those old rules are to strict, its cool now" and use it to fuel there already exsisting hate. Also the first post here may intrest you, made me smile Smile http://themetapicture.com/21-pictures-th...-humanity/

"We'd be free to explore the universe that birthed us and advance the standard of living of our collective species": You are...? Did some christfag honestly walk up to you and say HEY YOU CANT RESEARCH THAT!! ???!! that seemed like a pretty empty statment..FUELED BY YOUR ALREADY EXSISTING HATE!! TongueBig Grin ... Confused

(07-03-2012 01:06 PM)cingchris Wrote:  For the swearing part yes it is for some like for instance actual swear words "thou shalt not make false oaths" why do you think they call them swear words anyway but all modern swear words aren't swear words like the N-word for example, (although I don't say that very often and only to my group of close friends who know I'm joking) another would be hell, that's a place not a swear. As for the drinking thing and really everything as long as there are no blatant commands not to do it everything in moderation and it's all good. Smile

"thou shalt not make false oaths" means breaking a promise or oath, not saying shit. Though the origin may have been a sin, it's definitly now not a sin, this is an example of how society's morals have been etched into your head, much like how christian morals are etched into society. No side can keep em straight Tongue

Edit: Beardy, these non-heated arguments are a great way to learn little things, did you have some more specific thing you wanted to learn about religion that you didn't make to obvious? Maybe you should ask questions then, I (and assuming the rest of us) are able to discuss and answer your questions at the same time. CREATINGTHEULTIMATELEARNINGEXPERIANCE
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 01:41 PM by Skarro.)
07-03-2012 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-01-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-01-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-01-2012, 11:04 AM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-01-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-01-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-03-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-03-2012, 01:27 PM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Skarro - 07-03-2012 01:28 PM
RE: What religious beliefs do you have? - Beardy - 07-03-2012, 01:33 PM